ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shure LX wireless 87A  (Read 1162 times)

Allan Stevenson

Shure LX wireless 87A
« on: December 11, 2006, 04:57:32 PM »

We have had a Shure wireless 87A (LX System) for a few years now (6-7years).  This unit has worked flawlessly for us over the past years, but it is starting to fall apart.  The battery compartment cover has been replaced many times due to people over tightening it.

Now the transmitter part is starting to crack, the battery contacts are lose on the circuit board...)

2 questions:
Can I replace the outter shell of the transmitter (and re-solder the battery contact while I'm at it)?

Our facilities are used much more often than in the past.  Is now the time to start investing more money in a manufacturer's better product lines, or do I spend less and buy more often?

Regards,
Allan Stevenson
Peoples Church Hamilton
Ontario, Canada

John Ward

Re: Shure LX wireless 87A
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 09:53:42 PM »

Best to send it to Shure factory for repair if less than five years old. They will check all components and make any necesary adjustments for optimizing the unit. No need to send the receiver. You will probably have to have a dealer request a return authorization, though you may be able to do this yourself by contacting the cutomer services / repair department.
Professional Audio Systems
www.proaudiointegration.com

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Shure LX wireless 87A
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 09:53:42 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.