ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help For My Church  (Read 2916 times)

Jabari

• http://www.myspace.com/blktexn13
Help For My Church
« on: October 29, 2006, 11:58:04 AM »

Greetings All,

Here's my situation. My church spends money on a lot of things except the AV part. I believe that it is being taken for granted. I may be biased, but I believe that I have a right to be. I have been at this church for about 5 years. The system was recently redone. However, it took the begging and actual conjoling of other people. I am not sure if the church actually paid for it or if the Stewardship Committee (separate from the church account) paid for it. Either way, I don't feel like it was done the correct way nor the type of effort was put into it. Now a year later the system is in the same condition as it was before. Can anyone please advise as to how I should approach the trustee board to get this problem resolved.

This is not a paid position in the church. Nearly all the churches in my area have a paid AV ministry or at least assistance from the church for supplies. I have neither. Can anyone advise on how to get this taken care of also.
Yours In Christ,

Jabari K. Corley

Brian Kent Tennyson

• http://www.visitec.com
Re: Help For My Church
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 07:18:37 PM »

Welcome to the forum. If you could please change your alias to your real, full name, you would make the forum gods very happy, as outline in the forum rules.

As for your post, I am reminded of a Drew Cary episode when an employee came to him complaining that he didn't like his job. His reply was "We have a support group for that. It's called "Everyone" and we meet at the bar."

My first bit of advice would be that most common church goers don't have the vision to grasp the importance of AV. So you can enlighten them in one of two ways. Get them to visit other like sized churches that are doing AV well and have them meet with those who know what they spent, or start pushing the use of AV in every service, doing it right now matter how inconvenient it makes it for everyone else. The secret to that approach is to smile and be sympathetic and don't offer permanent solutions until they ask. Make it their idea.

Ronald Regan said "There is nothing you can't accomplish if you don't mind someone else getting the credit". I think he was talking about churches.

Hang in there.
You can't get enough, but enough ain't the test.

Brian Kent Tennyson
Visitec Inc.
www.visitec.com

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Help For My Church
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 07:18:37 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.