ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: House of Worship Video Camera Install  (Read 4959 times)

Chris Roach of Minerva AV

House of Worship Video Camera Install
« on: October 03, 2006, 08:06:24 PM »

Greetings all, I have a house of worship looking to install 2 or 3 unmanned/remotely controlled video cameras in fixed position to record action on the altar in a digital format.  They would like to record the cameras onto a hard drive (or drives) and control the pan/tilt etc. with the keyboard and mouse.  There is a low light issue on the altar, but other than that, there is nothing extraordinary about the install.  The facility is going to record these events for archive purposes, and to give copies to families for memories.  There may be a live switch, or they may go back later and cut the 3 cameras into a finished DVD.  Therefore it does not need to be HD or broadcast quality.  I have investigated CCTV systems, which seem to fit the bill, but I am not sure about the quality.  I was wondering if anybody is familiar with such a system, or parts to such a system, or would know someone in New York City area who is.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Brian Kent Tennyson

• http://www.visitec.com
Re: House of Worship Video Camera Install
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 01:39:47 PM »

Do you have any kind of budget in mind? It's really hard to make suggestions if we don't know what you are planning to spend.

One thing is always true, if you have no budget, we will suggest products that will be more than you want to spend.

That should be an AV maxim.
You can't get enough, but enough ain't the test.

Brian Kent Tennyson
Visitec Inc.
www.visitec.com

Greg Hertfelder

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 10:00:17 PM »

As far as remote pan/tilt cameras go, the best fit for your scenario would probably be Sony BRC300 camera, with controller(s), such as the RM-BR300. Parkervision is also a contender with their Cameraman series of cameras.

If you are determined to record each camera and edit later, you can either record to DV tape, or will need to get into some kind of hard drive DV recording scenario, such as Videonics' FireStore. Then you can download the video onto a computer loaded with Sony Vegas / DVD Architect, edit, and create DVDs or streaming video or whatever. Recording each camera on a seperate device (called iso-cam) and editing later can be very time intensive; I recommend live switching the video, in which case you will need a video switcher. Since the Sony BRC-300 accepts genlock, you choose to use a genlock or non-genlock sync switcher by Sony, Panasonic, Videonics, DataVideo, etc.

Audio would come from a mixing console output or dedicated audio mixer.

I recommend contacting a dealer or paying a consultant to design the system and draw up estimates based on different scenarios of recording on tape or hard drive, switching live or iso-cam, etc.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 10:00:17 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.