ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD Publishing  (Read 1281 times)

Jay Hodges

CD Publishing
« on: July 26, 2006, 01:50:17 PM »

I asked this question in a slightly different manner on the HOW forum and got very little response so I'll ask it on this forum...

I'm looking to purchase a system to mass produce (20 or more) cd/dvd media.  We record our services to cd and need a duplication/labeling system.  We have been granted the ok to produce quotes for review and I'm just starting to do my research.  I'd like to hear some "gotchas" or "make sure you get this" types of comments.  Any takers?

Thanx!
GodRox

Rick Tunin

Re: CD Publishing
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 06:23:15 PM »

My BIL was in charge of our CD ministry and is doing the same now with a church we planted.  If you can give me a few specifics I can see if I can get some answers for you.  
1.  Do you have an approximate budget?  
2.  Did you say you were doing 20 copies a week?  Do you anticipate             growth?
3.  How fast do you need copies?  ASAP or just sometime during the week?

Don't forget that to do the printing and for some duplicators you will need a computer.  We went with printable CD's because when we first started out we used the stick-on labels and had a few people have CD's get stuck in their car players.  If you are duplicating a small number of CD's and time is not an issue I would think that a robotic combo printer/duplicator would be the way to go.

Bob Watkins

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 08:31:27 PM »

I got my duplicator from Kingdom.com and I love it.

They have some of the best prices and work with churches all the time. When ?i got mine, they even doubled the warranty and gave 100 CD"s free. It was an excellent duplicator.

We use labels becuase I do not do that many yet to afford a printer.

Plan an 80 minute CD to take about 3 minutes including in indexing and actual duplication time. Then figure out how many you need in how much time (I plan no longer than 10 minutes if the congregation is leaving and going home when you are duplicating). this will tell you how many you need to do at once. (Note a 30 minute cd will take about 2 minutes)

I hope this helps.

Bob W

Nolan Tininenko

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 03:08:34 PM »

Another company that I have experience with is Octave Systems.  If you go to their website (http://www.octave.com/), they actually sell their own brand and a few others.  We have been using their Copymaster 7 CD duplicator for a number of years with good results (although it has just recently started acting up).  Their prices are also below what I have seen for Kingdom Tapes.
Audio Team Leader
Grace Place church
Berthoud, CO

mark ahlenius

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 09:38:58 PM »

Hi,

am in charge of sound at our church and we just starting doing CD duplication of our sermons for people who request it ($2 bucks).  We don't do the whole service due to song licensing issues.

We record our sermons onto a Marantz Compact Flash recorder, then I edit the files on my Mac (or a PC) using a great freeware program called Audacity (available for Mac, PC, and Linux).  It's a bit of work, but it allows us to edit the recordings (fade in from music header and fade out).  I also edit out any video clips or songs played during the sermon which we may not have copyrights on.

I burn the master CD and then take it to church where its copied using a Microboards duplicator.  We just bought the unit this year, and it's a 1:3 copier.  CD's are duped up to 52X and DVD's are duped at 16X.  Model: QD DVD 123.

Here's a link:   http://www.microboards.com/new/article.php/20051201140438282

The unit is standalone, and does not require a PC at all.  I purchased the unit from FullCompass systems (Middleton, WI) for under $600.00

We do our printing on laser printer labels.

A friend of mine said they had one of the combo printer/duplicator units, but it was more trouble than it worked.

Best part for us is this unit is easy to use (i.e. "Pastor-proof")  ;-}

htp.

'mark

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 09:38:58 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.