ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: suggestions for childrens ministry sound/stage  (Read 11608 times)

Hansel Anasarias

suggestions for childrens ministry sound/stage
« on: July 25, 2006, 03:43:17 pm »

In need of some suggestions for childrens ministry sound/stage setup...  (stage is part of the reception hall)

the childrens ministry is in need of a more permanent install for their stage.  they have a 8x20 stage and run mics to a powered yamaha mixer all across stage, outputing to 2 yam. BR12 speakers.  the speakers are setup against the stage wall (unfortunately) but we have no problems with that, no feed or anything.  stage is about 5" high.  the powered mixer is setup stage left right in fron of the stage in a rack cabinet.

now, the ministry is growing, and in need of more inputs for worship team, and especially their puppet shows. sometimes they have 6-7 vocalists for puppets (passing around 3-4 mics) and eventually a few singers for worhsip (right now 2).  the powered amp is already out of inputs, and plus extremely under powered.

because there is no room for stage monitors, i'm thinking of leaving the speakers as is since we get no feed, volume doesnt get too loud anyways.

i'm thinking we would need something like a 20 input mixer, new amp, and maybe leave the speakers.  i'd like to install a snake and floor inputs so they didnt have to run cable across the stage (quite messy).  i'd like to keep the setup very simple as i've trained some of the teens to run the sound.

the gear i'm thinking of using:

Mackie CFX20 MKII
QSC RMX1250
20x4 snake 50 ft
Keep the BR12's
Add a few more mics (currently useing SM58s), ideally wireless headworn mics for worhsip and puppets.

If you have any suggestions on this, i would love to hear them, or if you also have a childrens minstry doing these kind of things, i'd love to hear what kind of setup you are doing. Thanks all, this forum has helped me out so much.

-Hansel

ProSoundWeb Community

suggestions for childrens ministry sound/stage
« on: July 25, 2006, 03:43:17 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.