ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small Church Sound System... Help  (Read 5380 times)

Kent McBay

Small Church Sound System... Help
« on: April 11, 2011, 11:27:32 AM »

I recently purchased a Allen and Heath ZED 10 usb mixer in efforts to put together a small sound system for a new church we are starting. I am seeking advice on what speakers I should purchase to use with this mixer. I want powered speakers and like the QSC k8 but these are a little more than I want to pay. Any suggestions?
Our meeting space is 40'X40' and has 10ft ceilings. seats about 60-70
thanks

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Small Church Sound System... Help
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 12:52:01 PM »

I recently purchased a Allen and Heath ZED 10 usb mixer in efforts to put together a small sound system for a new church we are starting. I am seeking advice on what speakers I should purchase to use with this mixer. I want powered speakers and like the QSC k8 but these are a little more than I want to pay. Any suggestions?
thanks

Find the money and buy the K8's.  If you like them you should get them.  Buying something less for fewer $'s will not make you happy in the long run.  Think of the purchase price spread over 10 years of use rather than the lump sum.  Look for a 0% interest credit card offer......they're coming around again.  I bought over $25,000 worth of audio gear with one of them and paid $0.00 over the life of the balance on one of those "balance transfer" deals.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Joseph White, CTS

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 11:51:46 AM »

I have listened to the K8 side-by-side with the EV ZXA1 and liked the EV much better. It comes in at $499 generally. Will you be competing with a drum set? What volume level are you looking to reach? Speakers and microphones are the last places you want to cut corners. If you go much lower than that in price I believe you will quickly regret it. If you ever decide to expand the ZXA1 makes a great monitor.

P.S. Look at the Heil PR-22UT microphone if you don't already have some. It comes in about the same price and is much better at cutting through the mix.

thanks
Joseph White, CTS
Design Engineer

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 11:51:46 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 24 queries.