Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Surveys  (Read 924 times)

Handy Brent

Surveys
« on: April 26, 2006, 10:11:15 pm »

Who here has copies of surveys that they have conducted about church sound quality?  Can you post it?  Have any of you surveyed your choir, band, etc for their monitor sound quality and service?  Do you think that surveys open more cans of worms than help?

Clayton Luckie

Re: Surveys
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 12:09:32 am »

Brent Handy wrote on Wed, 26 April 2006 21:11

Do you think that surveys open more cans of worms than help?

YES!!!  I would verbally survey the band and choir, and ask if they are getting what they want from the monitors, but I would not in a million years ask the greater congregation what they think of the sound quality.  It's my job to know about sound quality, and I make sure that I am familiar enough with the system and room to know what's going on.  If you ask, you probably will find out that half the people think its too loud, and half think its too soft, etc.  I mix to the content of my ear, and I certainly keep my congregation in mind while mixing.  But I would not invite criticism of any kind from the general congregation.  I get enough without asking for it!  Smile

Please know that I am always open to suggestions, but I have to know where they are coming from.  If I get a suggestion from a friend whose ear I trust, I will give that much more weight that a comment from someone I don't know.  

cl

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Surveys
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 12:09:32 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 17 queries.