ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TriCaster anyone?  (Read 3162 times)

Allan Stevenson

TriCaster anyone?
« on: April 04, 2006, 06:46:40 PM »

We recently had a demo of the Newtek TriCaster.  I have to say that at first glance I am impressed.  Is anybody using this product?  Any problems or flaws?  Check out newtek.com and let me know what you think.

Thanks for your input.
Allan Stevenson
Peoples Church Hamilton
Ontario, Canada

Kevin Hoober

• http://www.pinelake.org
Re: TriCaster anyone?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 05:05:37 PM »

How bad was the latency?

I've got a toaster (hopefully not for much longer) and the latency is about 4 video frames add that to the scaling in the PJ and the screens are about 7 frames behind real life...GROSS!

Kevin

Allan Stevenson

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 05:57:09 PM »

We used it in church today for the first time.  For the price, I am impressed.  The video delay is about 4 to 5 frames, but it really wasn't as bad as it sounds.  Most people didn't even see it.  
It is very simple to use, and the "virtual VCR" is great.  When  you drop a clip (or a sequence of clips) in to the playlist, you can set it to roll as soon as you hit the auto trans.  The unit will automatically back time the end of the clip and transition back to whatever source is on the preview bus when it is done playing.  The girl that operated it this morning had never touched anything like this and understood what it was all about quite easily.  I think I'll recommend the purchase of this unit.

For $6000 it's a great way to lock all your sources and have transition / keying capabilities.

If you have any questions, we have the rental for the rest of the week for our Easter presentation.

Regards,
Allan Stevenson
Peoples Church Hamilton
Ontario, Canada

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 05:57:09 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 23 queries.