ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Radio mike for hard of hearing  (Read 924 times)

Graeme Parker

Radio mike for hard of hearing
« on: April 02, 2006, 06:44:23 am »

Hello there, I'm new to this forum and am very pleased to find it! Thanks in advance for any support you can offer.

Our Buddhist centre runs a study programme in a small room (aprox 10 by 6 metres). The teacher has a quiet voice and one of the ladies who attends is hard of hearing & so is missing out on most of the teaching. For reasons I won't go into we don't amplify the teachers voice through speakers, but I was wondering if a radio mike ( or even one running to a wire)attached to the teachers lapel and transmitted to a set of head phones or an ear piece would be a low cost and practical option? It would need to be quite simple and price is definitely an issue, but if anyone knows of a good quality product that might help, along with advice on how best to set it up that would be greatly apreciated.

I started searching myself on the internet but didn't know what I was looking at!

Thank you very much,

Graeme Parker

Clayton Luckie

Re: Radio mike for hard of hearing
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 03:33:43 pm »

What is your current sound system setup?  Do you currently have a sound board in this room, and a spare wireless microphone?  If so, what models are they?  

You could possibly run the wireless mic out of an aux on the soundboard, into the base station for wireless headphones (see here).  This means that the wireless mic would not come out of your main speakers, but would be sent to the headphones.  This would be cheaper than getting an assistive listening system, at the expense of performance and expandability.  How sure are you that only one person needs this help?  After you do this, are others going to see the headphones and say "hey, I need that too!"?  Just something to think about.  

Let me know a bit more information about your current setup, and I can help you out a bit more.

cl

beverly

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 12:53:47 pm »

Sorry to use Graeme's post as my means for asking a question, but how does one send a new thread?  I wrote out my question, but couldn't figure out how to send it?

My question has to do with Assisive Listening Devices, which is why I'm going thru this entry.   Again, sorry.

beverly

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 10:14:57 pm »

At the top of this page there are 3 buttons, "Flat View", "New Topic", and "Post Reply". You want to use "New Topic"

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 10:14:57 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.