ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking to tour some large (1K and up) auditoriums in metro Atlanta  (Read 1362 times)

Karl P(eterson)

Hi all, long time no see - new business and active church keeping me busy.

We are right on the edge of building a auditorium in the range of 1500~1700 people

I am looking for churches in the metro ATL area that are between 1500 and 2 or 3K that preferably have a fairly savvy technical installation.

Particularly interested in locations with large frame digital consoles, large frame live video mixers, sizeable (moving) light rigs, or simply known to do a good job with what they have.

Thanks for the help!

Karl "Life's a storm" P

Edit: Beware the spell(ing)!
Audio Team Leader - CCH

Kevin Hoober

• http://www.pinelake.org
Re: Looking to tour some large (1K and up) auditoriums in metro Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 11:39:53 AM »

Karl,
Where in Atlanta are you?  I moved from ATL to Mississippi nearly 2 years ago.  While in ATL I served at Johnson Ferry in East Cobb...the size is right, but you don't want to see that install!  I assume you already know about North Point and Perimeter church.  I can't think of any others that would be worth looking at as of now.

Kevin

Karl P(eterson)

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 11:57:19 AM »

On the west side..... where there is a (seemingly) obvious lack of larger technically adapet churches.

I am aware of North Point and Perimeter - We are also getting some input from Willowcreek and Hillsong - but we still would like to visit some more technically succesfull churches to learn more likes and dislikes in the facilities and technical systems in general.

Thanks!

Karl P
Audio Team Leader - CCH

Mike Sveda

• http://www.cohglory.org/Sunday@7/index.html
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 02:39:27 PM »

You need to see the new sanctuary for Westover church here in Greensboro NC.  Audio Ethics is the consulantant/var.

It's mroe like a high tech theater than anything in the area. All audio is digital transport and there is an external hookup for a recording/broadcast truck.  EV X-array LCR, EVIDS on the walls for active reverb.  Probably the new midas digital console system instead of the Digico D5.

They are using the JANDS light controller.

We've got the moving light thing but not digital audio yet. We'llbe renting an EV XLC rig in June for a week long music event.  

Ivan Beaver

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 08:16:58 PM »

Here are a couple
Perimeter has an innovason sys80 FOH-EAW main speaker system with Danley subs 2000ish seats

Free Chapel (Gainesville Ga-near our shop) Very comp worship-analog FOH (soundcraft) Meyer speakers, nice lights and video systems. 2500ish seats

Mt. Pisgah UMC PM1D FOH, SPL loudspeakers, video studio. 2500ish seats

Griffin 1st assembly of God SPL loudspeakers, 01V96's strapped together contemp service 3000ish seats

Alpharetta FBC A&H analog FOH- Danely loudspeakers- fairly decent video and lights, contemp service  800ish seats

Cartersville Church of God DM2000 FOH, SPL loudspeakers (mostly) crossmatrixed LCR, 1500ish seats

Just a quick list of the top of my head.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 08:16:58 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.