ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aux sub with a EV AC-ONE  (Read 6382 times)

Robin Phelps

Aux sub with a EV AC-ONE
« on: April 10, 2011, 06:37:08 PM »

Hi- I'm wanting to aux feed my subs for the first time. My FOH is the QRX 115/75's over the QRX 218. One of each per side. My crossover is the ac-one feeding 2 EV CP400s power amps. I have one qrx 115 (8ohms) per side on one cp4000s and one 218 (4ohms) per side on the other cp4000s. I'm running stereo but no need too. The ac-one is basically preset. It does allow you to adjust the lows/  cut mids at 4k and highs. It has some internal mojo going on? I have a Ashly GQX 3102 for the foh eq. Do I need to get another crossover? Will I need two crossovers if I decide to biamp the 115/s in the future? The ac-one is basically designed to bi-amp (top and subs) and works well this way. Would I use one channel of the ashly for the tops and one for the subs? I guess I need the info to change to a mono/aux fed setup:) Thanks in advance!  Don't know what I was thinking but the ac-one one has a lo- cut and x-over setting. I never change them so I went blank for the moment.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 07:02:52 PM by Robin Phelps »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Aux sub with a EV AC-ONE
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 09:45:11 PM »

Hi- I'm wanting to aux feed my subs for the first time. My FOH is the QRX 115/75's over the QRX 218. One of each per side. My crossover is the ac-one feeding 2 EV CP400s power amps. I have one qrx 115 (8ohms) per side on one cp4000s and one 218 (4ohms) per side on the other cp4000s. I'm running stereo but no need too. The ac-one is basically preset. It does allow you to adjust the lows/  cut mids at 4k and highs. It has some internal mojo going on? I have a Ashly GQX 3102 for the foh eq. Do I need to get another crossover? Will I need two crossovers if I decide to biamp the 115/s in the future? The ac-one is basically designed to bi-amp (top and subs) and works well this way. Would I use one channel of the ashly for the tops and one for the subs? I guess I need the info to change to a mono/aux fed setup:) Thanks in advance!  Don't know what I was thinking but the ac-one one has a lo- cut and x-over setting. I never change them so I went blank for the moment.

AC-One?  EV lists no such product.  Perhaps you mean DC-One?

It's 2 in/6 out.  You can have stereo, with either 2 way (subs/tops passive) or 3 way (subs/LF/HF, bi-amp tops).  You can do mono for subs on an aux, with preset F22.  Route the main signal to input A, and use whatever output drives the 115/75; route the sub aux mix to input B, and use the whatever output drives the 118.  Since you're using the 218 you might want to lower the output by 3dB... or not, if you like the extra oomph.

You will not need an additional crossover to bi-amp the 115/75s.  If you wish to have STEREO, bi-amped top with subs on an aux, you *will* need another DC One and probably some help from EV to build presets that make sense for your use.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Fernando Lopez

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 10:55:07 PM »

http://www.electrovoice.com/product.php?id=60

AC-One is a discontinued model, perhaps it is why he also has an EQ

Robin Phelps

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 08:03:27 AM »

Thanks Fernando for the link so he  or someone can see the AC-one. To me it seems kinds like the yorkville processors but with some extra controls. I like the unit but it may(?) have to come out of the chain to do what I would like to do.

Robin Phelps

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 08:06:43 AM »

Thanks Tim- That's good advice but would you take a look at the Ac-One for me and see what you think? It's more for the Sx/T series etc. It made to be simple..Thanks again-Robin

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 12:09:18 PM »

Thanks Tim- That's good advice but would you take a look at the Ac-One for me and see what you think? It's more for the Sx/T series etc. It made to be simple..Thanks again-Robin

You should contact EV, as I suspect this will require custom loads for the AC One.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Robin Phelps

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 01:13:29 PM »

Thanks Tim- I can not use the ac-one if needed. I was kinda wondering if I could use it for the tops and use a seperate crossover/eq channel for the aux sub. Sounds like I should just leave things as they are as it's working fine. I just wanted to try aux subs and wondering if the ac-one still would fit in the equation.  Thanks again-Robin

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 01:38:49 PM »

Thanks Tim- I can not use the ac-one if needed. I was kinda wondering if I could use it for the tops and use a seperate crossover/eq channel for the aux sub. Sounds like I should just leave things as they are as it's working fine. I just wanted to try aux subs and wondering if the ac-one still would fit in the equation.  Thanks again-Robin

I don't know the AC One and I'm not really into learning about it.  Having EV work with you would be the best solution, as they can do custom loads for your processor with certainty that they will work correctly.

There are other ways to experiment, but they are dependent on what you already have in the bin of old/unused gear.

Have fun, good luck, email EV.

Tim Mc

Robin Phelps

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 01:59:53 PM »

Thanks Tim- I will :)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 01:59:53 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.