ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Turbosound Flashline  (Read 14983 times)

Jim McKeveny

Re: Turbosound Flashline
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 09:30:07 AM »

A fine piece of engineering, apparently. I do worry about fundamental group delay issues among the passbands - probably addressed in the DSP - that when added to other processing delays in a typical dynamic live situation, do not sound quite right. There is a lot of latency floating around in modern sound systems, and we seem casual to it.

Peter Morris

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 10:06:25 PM »

A fine piece of engineering, apparently. I do worry about fundamental group delay issues among the passbands - probably addressed in the DSP - that when added to other processing delays in a typical dynamic live situation, do not sound quite right. There is a lot of latency floating around in modern sound systems, and we seem casual to it.

Hi Jim,

I’m not sure I understand your concern.  I always delay my FOH to the backline or what ever is appropriate - and I always need at least 10 to 15 ms of delay.  Latency is almost never an issue for FOH applications. It’s a different story in monitor land,  but for boxes like the Flashline, K1’s, MLA’s and d&b J’s etc which don’t live in monitor land ....  and considering the amount of delay we would be talking about I don’t see an issue…..

In terms of sound quality they are better than ever.

Peter

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 10:23:29 PM »

Jim,
  I have been a Turbo user for many years.  They have always been fanatical in their design about achieving proper summation / optimum performance at crossover points.  I think choosing the Lake processor (aka Lab Gruppen) for system control is going to allow them to realize their goals even better than before.  I am just in the process of converting to the new FIR Lake files for the Flex and Aspect systems.  These systems were very impressive before, but the improvement is noticable.
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 10:23:29 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.