ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roland M480 New Mixer  (Read 8183 times)

Iain.Macdonald

Roland M480 New Mixer
« on: April 07, 2011, 05:08:24 pm »

Hi,

Haven't seen this mentioned yet. Specs and pricing look to be very interesting.

http://www.rolandsystemsgroup.com/products/100089
(needs javascript enabled)

Iain.

Daniel Cash

• SR Forums
  • Portland, OR
Re: Roland M480 New Mixer
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 07:05:00 pm »

It looks very very similar to their M-400 mixer.  The only changes i can spot are, a few buttons moved on the surface, improved aux busing architecture for effects, and the addition of a true fully parametric 4 band eq.   Is this a replacement to the M-400?   Where did you find info on the pricing?

Jon Pusey

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 02:02:06 pm »

Hi,

Haven't seen this mentioned yet. Specs and pricing look to be very interesting.

http://www.rolandsystemsgroup.com/products/100089
(needs javascript enabled)

Iain.

I used the M400 a fair bit last summer and on the whole liked it, apart from the low and high eq being shelving only and lack of delay on outputs. Also, even though I was only doing simple shows with it, if the desk wasn't set up from scratch each time it was possible to run out of dynamics and have to scrabble around turning them off. I was led to believe the old m400 system was very keenly priced, and if this comes out at the same price it is then a very good choice for budget minded applications.

Art Hays

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 12:39:56 pm »

I've been looking at the V-mixers recently for our church.  They made some changes with the recent M-300 that are carried over into the M-480 such as EQ's are now full parametric, key-in filters on dynamics, improved AUX/MTX/LCR, delays on outputs.

The M-480 seems like it takes advantage of more computing power.  All 48 dynamics can be in use simultaneously, input delays on each channel, 6 stereo returns, 12 insertable EQ's either GEQ or PEQ.  Two boards can be cascaded (we're a long way from needing this :-)).

The M-400 is still on the RSS site so this doesn't appear to be a replacment for it.

They also introduced a REAC recorder (48 channels at 48KHz, 24 at 96KHz).  Since it has REAC out one can feed a V-mixer from it for a 'virtual' sound check.  Gosh, maybe this means you could have a virtual worship team with a real sound person!

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 02:27:09 pm »

The M-400 is still on the RSS site so this doesn't appear to be a replacment for it.

I was told by our rep that the 400 is discontinued effective immediately.

The M480 is a replacement.

Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Art Hays

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 08:07:25 am »

Press release for the M-480 at NAB today still includes the M-400 in the lineup?

Chad Costanzo

• Temecula, CA (San Diego, Riverside Area)
    • Pyxis Industries, Inc
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 06:41:26 pm »

I talked with Roland today and the M-400 is still available and planned to have a large firmware upgrade coming for it in the next 90 days.  While the 480 looks excellent they 400 is still going to fix a large amount of customers.
Chad Costanzo
Pyxis Industries, inc
www.PyxisIndustries.com
888-PYXISAV
Murrieta, CA

Full Service Audio, Lighting, Rigging, & Video Production Services

Dealer: EV, KT, Elation, Shure, AT, Da-Lite, Furman, Tascam, Midas, Road Ready, American DJ, Global Truss, CBI, Furman, Roland RSS, and More

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 08:44:55 pm »

I talked with Roland today and the M-400 is still available and planned to have a large firmware upgrade coming for it in the next 90 days.  While the 480 looks excellent they 400 is still going to fix a large amount of customers.

Well, I'll check on this again since I was just told yesterday that the M-400 is discontinued.  It is still being sold until current inventory is gone.
I just sent another message to Roland to confirm what is really going on.  Sounds like different folks there have different stories.
I need to find out since I have some in system designs now.

Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 08:44:55 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.