ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP Roger Nichols  (Read 5367 times)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
RIP Roger Nichols
« on: April 09, 2011, 10:53:48 PM »

I am sad to report that Roger Nichols has succumbed to pancreatic cancer. He had been fighting the disease for the lat year.

In addition to his accomplishments as a recording and mastering engineer, many of us waited each month for his last page commentary in EQ magazine.

A sad passing.

Mac

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: RIP Roger Nichols
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 11:36:32 PM »

I am sad to report that Roger Nichols has succumbed to pancreatic cancer. He had been fighting the disease for the lat year.

In addition to his accomplishments as a recording and mastering engineer, many of us waited each month for his last page commentary in EQ magazine.

A sad passing.

Mac

Sad indeed.  I'd heard that Roger was sick and not doing particularly well, but I had no idea he was so ill.  He was a brilliant guy with a quick and friendly wit.

RIP, Roger.

Tim Mc
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tom Young

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 07:35:35 AM »

A sad passing.

Mac

I am very grateful for his contributions to the recordings I still find so amazing, his column in EQ (as Mac mentioned and in which he occasionally expressed his exasperation (tongue-in-cheek) with the over-the-top attention to detail exhibited by Becker and Fagen) and the  unsubstantiated claim that he installed parametric EQ's in his Porsche and then optimized the speaker system with SIM.

My kind of nut.

RIP.

The EQ commentaries are available at:

http://www.rogernichols.com/
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 08:01:07 AM by Tom Young »
Tom Young
Electroacoustic Design Services
Oxford CT
203-888-6217

Jonathan Schroeder

• SR Forums
  • Houston, Tx
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 10:17:31 AM »

A sad passing.

Mac

I heard this on NPR on the way home yesterday.  There is a link in the article to this article as well.

Interesting how he got into the music field, from nuclear physics.  He will be missed.
Jon

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 10:17:31 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.