ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DPA 4061s for toms  (Read 1968 times)

andy craig

DPA 4061s for toms
« on: April 09, 2011, 08:11:47 am »

Has anyone had any experience using the DPA4061's on toms? If so, what did you use for mounting hardware? DPA recommend using the stick on mount that comes with IMK kits, but it doesn't look that great to me. Any real world experience gratefully received.

Chur,
andy craig.

Ricky Lighthall

Re: DPA 4061s for toms
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 03:12:26 pm »

Has anyone had any experience using the DPA4061's on toms? If so, what did you use for mounting hardware? DPA recommend using the stick on mount that comes with IMK kits, but it doesn't look that great to me. Any real world experience gratefully received.

Chur,
andy craig.

I mixed an African Drumming show a few years back that used them on half a dozen different types of drums.  Since they're omnis we just gaff taped them to the side of the drum with the top of the capsule about 1/8" above flush with the head and adjusted the vertical position to change the tone, but didn't really have to do much as far as aiming goes. They worked really well, but didn't usually survive a direct hit.

Jason Tubbs

Re: DPA 4061s for toms
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 12:49:47 am »

Hi Andy -

I've messed around with my 4061s as "underheads", but never as a close mic.  My quick & dirty solution (as most of mine are...) was this:

I wrapped a little bit of tape around the cable near the element (sticky side OUT), then very gingerly clamped it into place with the black threaded spacer.

You are probably looking for a more professional solution, however...

jt
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.