ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Peavey IPR3000, 4500, 6000 Release date?  (Read 4059 times)

Mario Roman

Peavey IPR3000, 4500, 6000 Release date?
« on: April 07, 2011, 06:27:57 PM »

Hi All,

Been perusing here and on the web for any information on the remaining IPR units release date and all is quiet. I've been told anywhere from the end of April to sometime in October depending which dealer I call. Has anyone had any recent information about this or what the hold up is? I've read anything from parts availability to design issues. Does anyone here know? I've been so pleased with the sound of the IPR1600 I'm using for monitors that I'd like to try the 4500 for mains duty.  Thanks.

Mario

Mark Chrysostom

• Charleston, SC
Re: Peavey IPR3000, 4500, 6000 Release date?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 06:37:12 PM »

I think they're shipping sometime in late 2009...

Gary A. Perrett

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 11:17:49 PM »

I think they're shipping sometime in late 2009...

>:( Ya tell me about it...VAPOR WARE... and their getting good at it...My #1 gear supplier dumped Peavey because of their practices...I pretty much gave up on them the SECOND year they were supposed to be out...

Look, I know that in this new "economy" or lack there of...that parts acquisition can be a problem.. and gearing up for said product can take time...but really... come on...2 YEARS!!! and still no real target date? Hartley, what are you thinking?

G

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 12:24:13 AM »

>:( Ya tell me about it...VAPOR WARE... and their getting good at it...My #1 gear supplier dumped Peavey because of their practices...I pretty much gave up on them the SECOND year they were supposed to be out...

Look, I know that in this new "economy" or lack there of...that parts acquisition can be a problem.. and gearing up for said product can take time...but really... come on...2 YEARS!!! and still no real target date? Hartley, what are you thinking?

G

My guess is it's a problem with single-source parts manufacturing of critical components.  When a manufacturer can't get it's parts obligations met, they can't produce.  When the parts makers try to meet the demand they make components that don't meet spec... by the time the manufacturer discovers his inventory is bad, the parts maker has already "turned" the production line for a different part.  The wait begins anew.

Hartley still goes to the office.  Why don't you call him up and ask him what he thinks?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 12:25:51 AM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 09:29:35 AM »

Hartley still goes to the office.  Why don't you call him up and ask him what he thinks?

If you do call, and get him, be prepared for some salty language. I suspect he is far angrier about this than any customer could be.

Do the math... A product that lots of people want, that he can't sell to them. That's his personal version of hell.  >:(

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Mario Roman

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 10:09:58 AM »

If you do call, and get him, be prepared for some salty language. I suspect he is far angrier about this than any customer could be.

Do the math... A product that lots of people want, that he can't sell to them. That's his personal version of hell.  >:(

JR

A great point JR!! I took Tim's advice and called Peavey. Of course I could only call the customer support line, and they said the 3000 is currently shipping but the 4500 won't be out till the end of Sept. and he couldn't comment on why there is a delay citing proprietary information of a privately owned company. ::)   Oh well I guess I'll just have to wait and see...

Mario

Tracy Garner

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 12:20:57 PM »

A great point JR!! I took Tim's advice and called Peavey. Of course I could only call the customer support line, and they said the 3000 is currently shipping but the 4500 won't be out till the end of Sept. and he couldn't comment on why there is a delay citing proprietary information of a privately owned company. ::)   Oh well I guess I'll just have to wait and see...

Mario

...meanwhile I know 4 different die hard Peavey fans that recently purchased the Crown XLS-D series amps as they got tired of waiting for the IPR series to materialize....big lost opportunity for Peavey.

Chris Van Duker

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 03:40:17 PM »

...and there's also http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/NU6000DSP.aspx coming out before too long -- maybe the knockoff will beat the original to market. Looking at the fact that the minimum impedance for the large (unfortunately named) iNuke is 4ohms, I wonder if they're internally bridging each channel to get around the parts availability problem which is plaguing Peavey.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 03:40:17 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.