Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Presonus 16.0.2 - NEW

(1/2) > >>

Andrew Watts:
Hi there,

This new Presonus 16.0.2 looks very interesting.

MIDI controlled effects (now I can get rid of my TC M350 that I control via MIDI)

Enough aux for my 2 sets of IEM.

I assume I can still achieve AUX fed subs using one of the AUX and the main AUX faders?

Andrew

Bob Leonard:

--- Quote from: Andrew Watts on April 07, 2011, 10:04:10 AM ---Hi there,

This new Presonus 16.0.2 looks very interesting.

MIDI controlled effects (now I can get rid of my TC M350 that I control via MIDI)

Enough aux for my 2 sets of IEM.

I assume I can still achieve AUX fed subs using one of the AUX and the main AUX faders?

Andrew

--- End quote ---

It's easier to read about the mixer if you add a link or two.  ;)

http://www.presonus.com/products/Detail.aspx?ProductId=62

http://www.presonus.com/media/pdf/presonus_2011_mixer_brochure.pdf

luis Markson:
I once spent a day comparing the sonic differences between RME, Motu, Tascam, Digidesign and Mackie USB & Firewire interfaces. The difference from one device to the next was amazing and at the time I put it down to the quality of the D/A conversion. In retrospect I'm sure the differences were as much a product of analogue signal paths, software etc as the D/A.

Undeniably, the RME was quieter, provided a more defined stereo image, was more detailed in transients and seemed to have more depth.

My understanding of Presonus at the time was that it was a low to mid budget brand on par with Tascam, M Audio etc. We didn't bother auditioning any of their units.

I've seen a lot of discussion about the new Presonus desks, discussion that doesn't seem to concerned about the quality of the brand. Is this new gear a step up for the brand or have Presonus been making genuinely professional products that I have unduly ignored?

Dave Dermont:
I have been using the 24.4.2 for some time now. I have been waiting until I had some time at the wheel before I wrote anything about it.

I own an original Blue Tube that was sent to me as a review piece that I kept because I liked it so much. I use it like an active DI box on steroids. The (favorable) review never saw the light of day, and the product was discontinued.

The ACP88 is generally hated. It's probably worth the money, but is never anyone's first choice in cheap dynamics processing, even if you do get eight channels in three rack spaces.

FWIW, the MAP on the 16.0.2 is $1.3K

Jon R Smith:

--- Quote from: Dave Dermont on April 08, 2011, 09:51:20 PM ---I have been using the 24.4.2 for some time now. I have been waiting until I had some time at the wheel before I wrote anything about it.

FWIW, the MAP on the 16.0.2 is $1.3K

--- End quote ---

So Dave, what do you think about it? I've using mine for a little over a month now. Like you, waiting and giving it time before I review it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version