Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

SC48 offline editor

(1/2) > >>

Andrew Broughton:

Disclaimer: NOT an Avid guy. I've used the S6L a few times and that's it.

Some people are saying that you need to use a v3 version of the offline Venue software for the SC48. On the AVID site, though it says that 4.1.3 will work. However, the link on that page is broken so I cannot download it.

1. What version of Offline software do I need for an SC48?
2. If 4.1.3 is ok, then does anyone have a link to the installer?

TY!

Kevin Maxwell:

--- Quote from: Andrew Broughton on June 11, 2024, 03:00:55 PM ---Disclaimer: NOT an Avid guy. I've used the S6L a few times and that's it.

Some people are saying that you need to use a v3 version of the offline Venue software for the SC48. On the AVID site, though it says that 4.1.3 will work. However, the link on that page is broken so I cannot download it.

1. What version of Offline software do I need for an SC48?
2. If 4.1.3 is ok, then does anyone have a link to the installer?

TY!

--- End quote ---

I get the same result but 3.0 and 4.5 look like they are fine and it says it works for the SC48. Last I used an SC48 I used 3.0 and still have 3.0 on my computer.

https://avidtech.my.salesforce-sites.com/pkb/articles/Download/VENUE-Standalone-Software-Updates

Andrew Broughton:

--- Quote from: Kevin Maxwell on June 11, 2024, 06:49:35 PM ---I get the same result but 3.0 and 4.5 look like they are fine and it says it works for the SC48. Last I used an SC48 I used 3.0 and still have 3.0 on my computer.

https://avidtech.my.salesforce-sites.com/pkb/articles/Download/VENUE-Standalone-Software-Updates

--- End quote ---
Thank you for that link. I spent hours on that f**king AVID site and never was able to find that.

[email protected]:

--- Quote from: Andrew Broughton on June 12, 2024, 10:34:48 AM ---Thank you for that link. I spent hours on that f**king AVID site and never was able to find that.

--- End quote ---

You don't have to even search at the Avid's site... I never search at the manufacturers sites because they are ALL terrible in that sense.

Google search "Offline Editor Avid SC48". Like other vendors, that the best place to look.

Andrew Broughton:

--- Quote from: [email protected] on June 13, 2024, 04:10:35 AM ---You don't have to even search at the Avid's site... I never search at the manufacturers sites because they are ALL terrible in that sense.

Google search "Offline Editor Avid SC48". Like other vendors, that the best place to look.

--- End quote ---
First thing I did, of course.
No valid hits came back. Either broken links or no actual information about which version of the Editor is appropriate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version