ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: DIY Home Studio Furniture  (Read 1955 times)

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
Re: DIY Home Studio Furniture
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2022, 07:29:22 PM »

Ned hinted at this, but actually large things are kind of hard to build because you need a reference surface or some fancy tricks to keep everything level and square.  Little things are much easier, you just spend a lot more time sanding.  ;D
Let's just say there were multiple trips to Home Depot and Rockler for this. Rockler has right angle clamps to hold pieces perfectly square, but with a sheet of 48 x18" and 36 x18", it's unwieldy at best. It's where you need a large flat surface to lay things on...

ninahoover

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2024, 12:09:34 PM »

Let's just say there were multiple trips to Home Depot and Rockler for this. Rockler has right angle clamps to hold pieces perfectly square, but with a sheet of 48 x18" and 36 x18", it's unwieldy at best. It's where you need a large flat surface to lay things on...

I can relate to the satisfaction of solving space issues while making things accessible. The process was a mix of trial and errorólearning about pocket screws and wood types along the way.

By the end of it, I had a neat setup for my equipment, with everything in reach and organized. It made a huge difference in my workspace, much like your amp cabinet did for your studio corner.

Speaking of planning, I recently browsed through this site for outdoor furniture ideas. They have some fantastic pieces that caught my eye, perfect for my patio makeover project next month. It's funny how DIY projects lead to discovering new interests.

p.s. sorry for necroposting
« Last Edit: July 01, 2024, 09:40:15 AM by ninahoover »

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2024, 06:34:06 PM »

I can relate to the satisfaction of solving space issues while making things accessible. The process was a mix of trial and errorólearning about pocket screws and wood types along the way.

By the end of it, I had a neat setup for my equipment, with everything in reach and organized. It made a huge difference in my workspace, much like your amp cabinet did for your studio corner.

p.s. sorry for necroposting :(

No worries Nina! I'm thinking of building a different one on this side that would be more of a bookcase for amp heads with rack space as well. I have the three heads (Tremolux, Dr. Z, and an oddball Hilgen) and with extra rack space would be nice to have them all lined up over next to me.

ProSoundWeb Community

¬ę Reply #12 on: June 28, 2024, 06:34:06 PM ¬Ľ

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.