Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Anyone using EAW Pilot and the UX3600 with Windows 11?

(1/2) > >>

Steve Crump:
I have tried it on an older Windows 10 PC that was previously upgraded to 11, and also an older Windows 7 pc that had been previously upgraded to 10. Neither will communicate with the UX3600. I did try a not so good all-in-one pc with Windows 10 that was setting at our shop and was able to communicate with the UX3600. But I really want to start phasing out the older PCs and start consolidating all apps to a new laptop that has Windows 11.

Anyone had any luck.

Helge A Bentsen:

--- Quote from: Steve Crump on June 09, 2024, 12:08:37 PM ---I have tried it on an older Windows 10 PC that was previously upgraded to 11, and also an older Windows 7 pc that had been previously upgraded to 10. Neither will communicate with the UX3600. I did try a not so good all-in-one pc with Windows 10 that was setting at our shop and was able to communicate with the UX3600. But I really want to start phasing out the older PCs and start consolidating all apps to a new laptop that has Windows 11.

Anyone had any luck.

--- End quote ---

Yes.
Did you follow EAWs guide to install the USB driver for UX3600 when you connect to it the first time?

https://www.eprodance.cz/user/documents/related_files/EAW/NT_UX3600_instal.pdf

This is usually the first and only problem :)

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: Steve Crump on June 09, 2024, 12:08:37 PM ---I have tried it on an older Windows 10 PC that was previously upgraded to 11, and also an older Windows 7 pc that had been previously upgraded to 10. Neither will communicate with the UX3600. I did try a not so good all-in-one pc with Windows 10 that was setting at our shop and was able to communicate with the UX3600. But I really want to start phasing out the older PCs and start consolidating all apps to a new laptop that has Windows 11.

Anyone had any luck.

--- End quote ---

Don't upgrade to 11.  If these machines do not connect to the internet as part of their daily "life", there is no reason to update.  I have kept a Win98se laptop (with real serial port), and 2 Win7 machines that are all air-gapped from any network that can talk to the outside world.

Also the newest update to Win11 is, essentially, spyware.  I'd suggest moving to Linux and "Bottles" for windows applications, or some other form of VM.

David Sturzenbecher:

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on June 09, 2024, 02:49:27 PM ---Don't upgrade to 11. 

Also the newest update to Win11 is, essentially, spyware.  I'd suggest moving to Linux and "Bottles" for windows applications, or some other form of VM.

--- End quote ---

Thatís cute you think only the latest version of Win11 is spyware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

David Sturzenbecher:

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on June 09, 2024, 02:49:27 PM ---Don't upgrade to 11. 

--- End quote ---

Thatís cute you think only the latest version of Win11 is spyware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version