Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Meyer Ultra X80/82

(1/5) > >>

Robert Lunceford:
New to the Ultra-X family.
Double 12" with a 4" HF Driver. 130lbs.
https://meyersound.com/product/ultra-x80/#overview

Helge A Bentsen:

--- Quote from: Robert Lunceford on June 06, 2024, 05:23:59 PM ---New to the Ultra-X family.
Double 12" with a 4" HF Driver. 130lbs.
https://meyersound.com/product/ultra-x80/#overview

--- End quote ---

Looks like a nice speaker to replace short groundstacked linearrays.
Get 3x single 18", put a X80 on top and you're done.

brian maddox:

--- Quote from: Helge A Bentsen on June 07, 2024, 03:26:29 AM ---Looks like a nice speaker to replace short groundstacked linearrays.
Get 3x single 18", put a X80 on top and you're done.

--- End quote ---

Been talking on another forum about this box with a Meyer rep and he said that they had been getting lots of people requesting a "new MSL4" and this is their answer.

I'd love to see this be the beginning of a resurgence of point source boxes with modern processing and real guts behind them. The options since the explosion of the Line Array have continually declined and as most of us know, a Line Array is NOT the answer to all questions. I see these silly "constant curvature" boxes on sticks or tiny 3 box "arrays" on sticks and I just shake my head wondering why anyone would thing this would be superior to a well designed go ol' fashioned point source box.

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: brian maddox on June 07, 2024, 01:02:01 PM ---Been talking on another forum about this box with a Meyer rep and he said that they had been getting lots of people requesting a "new MSL4" and this is their answer.

I'd love to see this be the beginning of a resurgence of point source boxes with modern processing and real guts behind them. The options since the explosion of the Line Array have continually declined and as most of us know, a Line Array is NOT the answer to all questions. I see these silly "constant curvature" boxes on sticks or tiny 3 box "arrays" on sticks and I just shake my head wondering why anyone would thing this would be superior to a well designed go ol' fashioned point source box.

--- End quote ---

Because there has been no such animal with any market penetration for the last 20 years, maybe?

brian maddox:

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on June 07, 2024, 01:32:18 PM ---Because there has been no such animal with any market penetration for the last 20 years, maybe?

--- End quote ---

oh absolutely. I'm truly hoping that the "line array is inherently higher quality" trope may finally be at least ebbing if not fading....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version