Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Turbosound (xta) LMS-D6 Reflashing firmware

(1/1)

Jonasmeurerlunde:
Recently when turning on my Lms-D6 i was greeted with a blank screen. it is usually on all the time but turned off due to a power short. after turning it on it displayed a half blank screen, and the other half black. when opening it up i see that the internal memory battery had basically completely disintegrated. it seems that this battery failure maybe has caused it to forget its firmware?
If that is the case i wonder if there is any way to reflash the firmware from scratch.

Thanks - Jonas

Dave Pluke:

--- Quote from: Jonasmeurerlunde on June 04, 2024, 08:56:42 AM ---... i see that the internal memory battery had basically completely disintegrated. it seems that this battery failure maybe has caused it to forget its firmware?

--- End quote ---

Welcome Jonas,

I have some good news and some bad news for you:

good news) If you can carefully replace the NiMH battery in your LMS-D6, it should boot properly, UNLESS:

bad news) If, when the battery failed, it leaked acid on some circuit board traces, in which case those need to be repaired/reconfigured/rerouted.

It was a poor decision to use this type of battery in such a sensitive location. There is a work around to install a Li-Ion battery, but the recharging circuit must be disabled. XTA/MC2 have a pretty active presence on fb and one of their people may respond with further information.

regards and good luck,
Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version