Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Subwoofer Forum

Connecting amplifiers and crossovers to Presonus studiolive 32sc

(1/1)

Ionescu Florin Gabriel:
Hi all!

I have a question.

How do I connect together 4 amplifiers, 2 two-channel amplifiers, and 2 four-channel amplifiers and a db Mark DP48 plus crossover, on the Presonus studiolive 32sc and what settings do I need to make to have separate channels on both subwoofers and tops to be able to make corrections separately from eq?

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Ionescu Florin Gabriel on May 31, 2024, 11:46:56 AM ---Hi all!

I have a question.

How do I connect together 4 amplifiers, 2 two-channel amplifiers, and 2 four-channel amplifiers and a db Mark DP48 plus crossover, on the Presonus studiolive 32sc and what settings do I need to make to have separate channels on both subwoofers and tops to be able to make corrections separately from eq?

--- End quote ---

Wow we will help you but that's a big job.  You need to ask more specific questions.  Personally I would hire a local engineer to set it up for you.  If you have all the cabling, network switches, panels etc. it's baout  a 2 or 3 hour job.  If you are missing parts it's a rabbit hole.

Ivan Beaver:

--- Quote from: Ionescu Florin Gabriel on May 31, 2024, 11:46:56 AM ---Hi all!

I have a question.

--- End quote ---
You hook the outputs to the inputs as needed for YOUR particular situation.

Without knowing YOUR specific situation/goals/gear, there are any number of different ways to hook it up.

And even more different ways to adjust and operate it.

Mike Caldwell:
Not picking on Ionescu but I have a had conversations with some friends about how the upcoming generation of sound people will have no real idea how to put together a system other than mixer output to speaker input.

Yes it's outputs to inputs, the configuration of the DSP for the routing and even a basic crossover function is where things will get tricky.

Maybe find someone who has done system set up and can work their way around a DSP for a little help.

What are your speakers, that will make a BIG difference on the DSP configuration.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version