Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Pro AV Forum

Need advice on a sound system I have for sale

<< < (2/2)

Mike DeAcosta:
Thank you Jeff & Steve!

--- Quote from: Steve-White on May 28, 2024, 06:31:36 AM ---^^^ Everything Brian said.

To add, it's dated gear which means it's heavy by today's standards especially in the world of "DJ Systems".  I was setup with a McCauley dealership back in the day and dealt with Tom.  He's a great guy.

McCauley gear very rarely gets mentioned on this forum, almost as if it didn't exist.

Your setup will DESTROY 90% of what's out there today for a DJ system if it's setup and tuned well, even with a DriveRack PA+ controller.

Mainstream DJ setups today are more compact and a lot lighter than your setup.  Manufacturers have convinced much of the known universe that what's best for them is best for the end user - now you buy their amps along with their speakers in most cases.

If I was looking to sell a similar system, I would seek out a fixed installation as the new home for it - that's probably your best bet.  Given you've operated it for the past 30+ years in the DJ arena in your area, you outta have connections and word that it's for sale should be "out on the street".  If you haven't received any offers for it means you probably won't.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version