Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Programs to make plots / diagrams for your systems?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Frank Koenig:

--- Quote from: Wayne Smith2 on May 30, 2024, 04:43:18 PM ---Turns out this one apparently is for circuit board layout and design. I'm just looking to do line diagrams, basic shapes and such.
--- End quote ---

Correct. ExpressPCB is indeed a PCB layout program. ExpressSCH (which I mistakenly referred to as ExpressSchematic) is a schematic editor that creats a netlist for the PCB layout. But I have used it for block diagrams by creating a few "components" that are just boxes with a number of "pins" and a text field. You can suppress the pin numbers and labels to make just plain boxes. The nice thing about a schematic editor is that the connections between the blocks rubber-band to some extent. I confess it's a case of my only tool being a hammer so...

Let us know what you end up using.

--Frank

Frank Koenig:
Here's a crop of a block diagram I did on ExpressSCH.

--Frank

Ned Ward:
Canva is the free program all the Gen Z kids are using.
I own Affinity Designer, which is a $50 program that can open old Illustrator files (bonus) and export them as JPGs, etc. Affinity also makes a photoshop lite and an indesign lite. they were acquired by Canva earlier this year.

Worth checking out. For stage plots I use Apple's Pages program, but as a Windows user that doesn't help you...

Riley Casey:
I've for years used the Apple Number spreadsheet ( and ClarisWorks before that ) app for this since a detailed input list with drop snake assigns is half the game in stage plots. Just put a drawing layer above the bottom of the spreadsheet layer.

--- Quote from: Ned Ward on May 31, 2024, 01:15:41 AM ---...
Worth checking out. For stage plots I use Apple's Pages program, but as a Windows user that doesn't help you...

--- End quote ---

Jordan Wolf:
Iím a fan of Draw.io/Diagrams.net.

I often use it to draw on top of client-provided floorplans so my crew can better understand the general signal paths and types that need to be run.

Works great for exhibit halls with lots of dedicated power runs, as well as larger events with full AV.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version