Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Programs to make plots / diagrams for your systems?

(1/4) > >>

Wayne Smith2:
In this case updating the ones I made some ten+ years ago for my home studio and bits of live gigs we did.
Back then we had my fife's Illustrator prog but no longer. 
Thanks

Shoot, ok poking around, learning some more should have mentioned -for Windows, and what's called vector drawing.
Sorry about that. :>)

Frank Koenig:
Not sure if this is what you're looking for but if all you want to do is draw block-diagrams or schematics there are numerous, pleasant-to-use, free schematic editors available. I use the one supplied by ExpressPCB who are a small-lot printed-circuit fabrication outfit. It's called "ExpressSchematic". It lets you pretty easily create your own symbols so it's quite flexible. I used expensive, complicated electronic CAD/CAM back in the day and little programs like ExpressSchematic are not a replacement for that but I rather appreciate the simplicity and, dare I say, elegance.

--Frank

Wayne Smith2:

--- Quote from: Frank Koenig on May 27, 2024, 10:29:51 AM ---Not sure if this is what you're looking for but if all you want to do is draw block-diagrams or schematics there are numerous, pleasant-to-use, free schematic editors available. I use the one supplied by ExpressPCB who are a small-lot printed-circuit fabrication outfit. It's called "ExpressSchematic". It lets you pretty easily create your own symbols so it's quite flexible. I used expensive, complicated electronic CAD/CAM back in the day and little programs like ExpressSchematic are not a replacement for that but I rather appreciate the simplicity and, dare I say, elegance.

--Frank

--- End quote ---
Thank you Sir.
Everything I tried led to dead ends and/or cautions- but seem to have found success with an older version.
Have it open now, so far so good. :>)
Wayne
https://www.expresspcb.com/previous-versions/

Kemper Watson:

--- Quote from: Wayne Smith2 on May 26, 2024, 08:16:45 PM ---In this case updating the ones I made some ten+ years ago for my home studio and bits of live gigs we did.
Back then we had my fife's Illustrator prog but no longer. 
Thanks

Shoot, ok poking around, learning some more should have mentioned -for Windows, and what's called vector drawing.
Sorry about that. :>)

--- End quote ---

I use this when I have to .



https://tecrider.com



Wayne Smith2:

--- Quote from: Wayne Smith2 on May 28, 2024, 03:37:13 PM ---Thank you Sir.
Everything I tried led to dead ends and/or cautions- but seem to have found success with an older version.
Have it open now, so far so good. :>)
Wayne
https://www.expresspcb.com/previous-versions/

--- End quote ---
Turns out this one apparently is for circuit board layout and design. I'm just looking to do line diagrams, basic shapes and such.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version