Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

DANTE Network Switches.

(1/4) > >>

Al Rettich:
I purchased a used PM5 system. It came with a pair of SWP1-8 switches. I have one that keeps throwing errors. Has anyone ever used any other non-Yamaha switches and been ok? I've heard of people using Zyxel, and Ubiquiti just not sure what models.

Andrew Broughton:
The very best switches for Yamaha and Dante are the SWP series. If it's giving you errors then there's something wrong with your network or a configuration problem with the switch. Factory reset the switch and use one of the default presets (selected using the dip switches).
I use these every day and since changing to them have had 0 Dante issues. Very curious what errors you are seeing, and where you're seeing these errors?

John Sulek:

--- Quote from: Al Rettich on May 26, 2024, 04:33:35 PM ---I purchased a used PM5 system. It came with a pair of SWP1-8 switches. I have one that keeps throwing errors. Has anyone ever used any other non-Yamaha switches and been ok? I've heard of people using Zyxel, and Ubiquiti just not sure what models.

--- End quote ---

If you are using the optical ports and having intermittent errors, it is worth popping the hood (many, many screws) and making sure the internal cabling and sfp are fully seated. This was learned the hard way by a colleague during a large Dante network prep we were both involved in.

Where I work now we use the new Netgear M4250 AV series all the time for large Dante networks (and various control, AES67, etc) on broadcast events without troubles.

Dave Pluke:

--- Quote from: Al Rettich on May 26, 2024, 04:33:35 PM ---Has anyone ever used any other non-Yamaha switches and been ok?

--- End quote ---

When I attended a Yamaha Dante workshop, they were recommending Cisco routers.

Dave

Helge A Bentsen:
I'm using Netgear GS716t V3 right now for a small Dante network. Driverack with a LM44/switch/control PC/Smaaart etc. and two remote racks with a LM26+a switch. So far it's been reliable, but I had to spend some time configuring this setup. Mostly because I use one switch with two Vlans for primary/secondary.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version