Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Wifi for Yamaha

(1/4) > >>

Ivan Feder:
Hi everybody
Please forgive,I know itís been addressed thousands of times!
Looking to upgrade my WiFi access point for Yamaha control.
What are you using with best results?
Thanks in advance
Ivan

Thomas Le:
There's a similar thread happening below. Me personally I have a ER-X SFP passive PoE powering a UAP AC M, good system and I can get it up high on a mic stand for coverage.

https://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,181080.0.html

Keith Broughton:

--- Quote from: Thomas Le on May 24, 2024, 02:50:08 PM ---There's a similar thread happening below. Me personally I have a ER-X SFP passive PoE powering a UAP AC M, good system and I can get it up high on a mic stand for coverage.

https://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,181080.0.html

--- End quote ---
I have been looking at the UAP AC M. Is a router required or can it be used with static IP addressing? I know it needs a power supply.

George Reiswig:

--- Quote from: Keith Broughton on May 26, 2024, 06:20:28 AM ---I have been looking at the UAP AC M. Is a router required or can it be used with static IP addressing? I know it needs a power supply.

--- End quote ---

It comes with the power supply. I believe you can use it without another router or switch, but you wonít have any other Ethernet connections. I kept my other router, and per recommendations from here I just powered off the Wi-Fi on it, so itís just a switch and DHCP.

Keith Broughton:

--- Quote from: George Reiswig on May 26, 2024, 10:24:09 AM ---It comes with the power supply. I believe you can use it without another router or switch, but you wonít have any other Ethernet connections. I kept my other router, and per recommendations from here I just powered off the Wi-Fi on it, so itís just a switch and DHCP.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the info.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version