Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

RCF TT in Mono

(1/3) > >>

John Sheehan:
Hi all, I have 2xRCF TT515 tops and 2xRCf TT808's. I want to use a single Mono FOH signal and link all four speakers, My question is, do the "link" connections pass the full range signal to the next box if I have the high and low pass filters selected respectively on each speaker, so in theory, I just link all four and let each speaker determine what to do with the signal? Its a problem room and mono is the best option in this case. I'd appreciate any assistance. Thanks.

Paul G. OBrien:
No need to do anything special if the source is mono to begin with. For example a mic into a live sound console produces a dual mono output.. the L and R mixer outputs are idential, same with any other instrument as long as there are no stereo effects added to the signal. If you are dealing with stereo sources then does your mixer have the ability to mono sum everything?

As to your question about the speakers I'm not sure but I suspect the output is fullrange simply because that is common if not the default way it is configured.

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: John Sheehan on May 23, 2024, 06:07:30 PM ---Hi all, I have 2xRCF TT515 tops and 2xRCf TT808's. I want to use a single Mono FOH signal and link all four speakers, My question is, do the "link" connections pass the full range signal to the next box if I have the high and low pass filters selected respectively on each speaker, so in theory, I just link all four and let each speaker determine what to do with the signal? Its a problem room and mono is the best option in this case. I'd appreciate any assistance. Thanks.

--- End quote ---
If thumbs had amp buckets, the rule of thumb tends toward any loop out is typically a basic y-cord split at the input connector (which seems to be the case with the TT515); sometimes it's a line level output regardless of input mode; very occasionally it has the processed output that feeds a logical adjacent pass band input on another amp bucket.  Those tend to have switches that let the operator pick the mode of the loop out.

A quick glance at the owner's manual for the TT515 shows no signal flow line diagram but the description of the XLR-M output tells us it's a y-cord.

John Sheehan:

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on May 23, 2024, 07:45:46 PM ---If thumbs had amp buckets, the rule of thumb tends toward any loop out is typically a basic y-cord split at the input connector (which seems to be the case with the TT515); sometimes it's a line level output regardless of input mode; very occasionally it has the processed output that feeds a logical adjacent pass band input on another amp bucket.  Those tend to have switches that let the operator pick the mode of the loop out.

A quick glance at the owner's manual for the TT515 shows no signal flow line diagram but the description of the XLR-M output tells us it's a y-cord.

--- End quote ---
Thank you. That makes sense.

John Sheehan:

--- Quote from: Paul G. OBrien on May 23, 2024, 07:09:07 PM ---No need to do anything special if the source is mono to begin with. For example a mic into a live sound console produces a dual mono output.. the L and R mixer outputs are idential, same with any other instrument as long as there are no stereo effects added to the signal. If you are dealing with stereo sources then does your mixer have the ability to mono sum everything?

As to your question about the speakers I'm not sure but I suspect the output is fullrange simply because that is common if not the default way it is configured.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, that's what I was hoping!.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version