ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Haze or Faze Machine Recommendation  (Read 680 times)

Al Craig

Haze or Faze Machine Recommendation
« on: May 22, 2024, 10:49:18 PM »

Hi experts!

I'd like to get a haze or faze machine for mobile parties to use with my lighting setup to enhance the appearance. I previously had the Chauvet DJ 1DX unit a few years ago but wasn't very happy with it. Slow to heat, had issues with the thermal sensor, and no way to direct the output among other things. I'd like a unit that's reliable and uses minimal wattage power though to not overload circuits with my other gear while mobile. Was looking at these models. Any suggestions are appreciated. Curious the real difference of haze vs faze too in your experience. Thanks!

https://www.chauvetdj.com/products/hurricane-haze-2d/
https://www.adj.com/entour-faze (questionable quality according to review)

Any others worth considering?

Thanks,
Al

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Haze or Faze Machine Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2024, 06:31:55 AM »

Hi experts!

I'd like to get a haze or faze machine for mobile parties to use with my lighting setup to enhance the appearance. I previously had the Chauvet DJ 1DX unit a few years ago but wasn't very happy with it. Slow to heat, had issues with the thermal sensor, and no way to direct the output among other things. I'd like a unit that's reliable and uses minimal wattage power though to not overload circuits with my other gear while mobile. Was looking at these models. Any suggestions are appreciated. Curious the real difference of haze vs faze too in your experience. Thanks!

https://www.chauvetdj.com/products/hurricane-haze-2d/
https://www.adj.com/entour-faze (questionable quality according to review)

Any others worth considering?

Thanks,
Al

Neither of those are really tour or road ready, they are MI crap and I don't know if anyone makes a case for them.  I am very happy with our Antari and it has a slick roadcase. 

https://www.stagelightingstore.com/Antari-Single-Vented-Road-Case-for-Z-350
https://www.stagelightingstore.com/Elation-Antari-Z-350-Fazer

The Antari fluid is expensive but it lasts forever.

If you are looking for more of a touring model we have a Radiance and it needs maintenance, probably because of the serious abuse at festivals.  It can fill a 32x28 stage in about 10 minutes with wonderful haze.   If you are looking for something of that level let me know.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2024, 06:46:53 AM »

I've got 4 of the Ultratec Radiance hazers myself.  They're an industry standard model for water-based haze, and they're very easy to clean and service. 

Haze/faze/fog really comes down to the particle size of what's billowing from the machine.  Oil-based hazers produce much finer particles and thus are what many consider to be "true" haze, but due to various considerations when using oil they're often not allowed in many venues.  Water-based haze produces larger particles and can sometimes trend into the territory of "fog", but often this depends on the fluid formulation you're using.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2024, 03:33:19 PM »

I had the Chauvet that you linked to.  Nothing special. did the job, but didn't last.  Ended up giving it away.

The best unit I've ever used is the Reel EFX DF-50.  That bad boy is in a class of it's own!!
Brian Jojade

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2024, 12:01:38 AM »

Antari z350 here, zero issues and it sips fluid.

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2024, 05:38:53 PM »

Like Jeff and Brian, I finally broke down and purchased two Radiance hazers for water-based haze and a DF-50 for oil-based haze.  It was "cry once/buy once" deal, but I glad I'm did.  For indoor events the DF-50 has extreme hang time, and the Radiance hazers have huge output while sipping fluid.  I have not tried the Antari z350, but i highly recommend the other two units.  I am not a dealer for either.

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2024, 07:00:49 PM »

Antari z350 here, zero issues and it sips fluid.

Antari Z-350 here as well, with the custom case.  Works reliably as advertised.

Jonathan Hole

• Sound Resume
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2024, 02:20:58 PM »

I have the Elation Magma Prime which has always seemed to me to be the same guts as the Antari Z-350 but with a more advanced interface. (not confirmed) The price seems to be about the same and my experience with the Elation version mirrors the Z-350 - super easy maintenance, sips the fluid, puts out a lot of haze for it's size, very reliable over past 2 years, great form factor.  The Elation version has a LCD touch panel and card slots for a wireless remote that is optional.  The LCD panel allows setting and storing several fan/output settings including interval and also where you set DMX address and such rather than dip switches.  It also has a True1 power cord inlet which is a nice touch.  Note that the DMX is 5-pin.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2024, 02:25:51 PM by Jonathan Hole »

Tommy Nikiforov

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2024, 07:07:18 PM »

Uniques work, as does the Robe 1050ft and the X1 (or their Antari variants) none are expensive.
Lighting Designer / Programmer / Operator
ChamSys Alpha tester
Located in Southern Finland

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2024, 09:07:46 PM »

I had the Chauvet that you linked to.  Nothing special. did the job, but didn't last.  Ended up giving it away.

The best unit I've ever used is the Reel EFX DF-50.  That bad boy is in a class of it's own!!

We hazed a 6,000 seat arena with ONE DF-50.  Much bigger than that, we used 2 units.  And for the output they were thrifty with juice.  The only down side was they were relatively noisy.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2024, 09:07:46 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.