Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Community VHF100 Drivers

<< < (6/6)

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Pierre Foster on June 18, 2024, 01:41:03 AM ---Interesting, Iíll take a look at the specs and see how they compare. There has been a wealth of knowledge shared in this thread and I think some of the main things to look for other than just actual fit have been mentioned.

--- End quote ---


If you switch drivers you need to switch all of them to keep the matching phase response.



Pierre Foster:

--- Quote from: Scott Holtzman on June 18, 2024, 06:12:26 AM ---
If you switch drivers you need to switch all of them to keep the matching phase response.

--- End quote ---

I definitely would, the specs on the HF108R seem to be very similar to the HF10AK. The only concerning difference is the 109DB Sensitivity of the HF108R vs 110 DB on the HF10AK.

Both are lower than the original VHF100 which was 111 DB

*Edit*
After further investigation I believe if I were to go this route the HF108 would be a better choice than the HF108R. Both are very similar however the 108R is designed with lower resonance to be used in settings where the driver may be near the listener like Hifi systems etc.

Darren Scaresbrook:

--- Quote from: Pierre Foster on May 21, 2024, 09:18:41 PM ---Hey guys it's been a while but I know this is the best place to start my search.

I'm looking for a few Community VHF100 drivers or advice on a suitable replacement. I know the latter is easier said than done but I have to replace 4 of these units and the last time I needed to do this was about 5 years ago, so I'm not sure where to even start now.

Hoping someone may have some spares laying around they wouldn't mind parting with.

--- End quote ---

FWIW these boxes are definitely worth putting some effort into to get them up and going.
We're running our sls920's with Linea Research FIR processing and get great results. Community did a lot of things right in the design of this box. We use an electrical crossover frequency of 137hz and arraying 2 boxes we get an acoustic crossover point around 100hz. They sound superb and get way louder than anything of the same size.
Cons: Although small, it's a 3 way box with 4 drivers, it's heavy!!!

Pierre Foster:

--- Quote from: Darren Scaresbrook on July 03, 2024, 09:18:21 PM ---FWIW these boxes are definitely worth putting some effort into to get them up and going.
We're running our sls920's with Linea Research FIR processing and get great results. Community did a lot of things right in the design of this box. We use an electrical crossover frequency of 137hz and arraying 2 boxes we get an acoustic crossover point around 100hz. They sound superb and get way louder than anything of the same size.
Cons: Although small, it's a 3 way box with 4 drivers, it's heavy!!!

--- End quote ---

Hey Darren, thanks for the info! this is my second set of sls960s I foolishly sold the first set but got lucky to find another 8 which I grabbed right away.

This vhf100 driver replacement is proving to be a pain though. Hopefully I can find something that is a very close replacement soon. 

Brandon Scopel:

--- Quote from: Pierre Foster on July 07, 2024, 10:24:37 PM ---Hey Darren, thanks for the info! this is my second set of sls960s I foolishly sold the first set but got lucky to find another 8 which I grabbed right away.

This vhf100 driver replacement is proving to be a pain though. Hopefully I can find something that is a very close replacement soon.

--- End quote ---



I will be getting my 108r driver soon and Iíll keep you up to date. Pm for my email

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version