ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dear "Artist"  (Read 1014 times)

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
Re: Dear "Artist"
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2024, 08:09:09 PM »

I buried a lifelong friend last year after his death from alcohol induced dementia. His last decade was not the best part of his life and our attempt at a major intervention backfired very dramatically about five years ago kicking the dementia in high gear. We waited far too long. It stops being side eye funny sooner than you think. If you know a heavy drinker you know someone who is suiciding in front of your eyes. Change that if you can.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2024, 01:39:53 AM »

I buried a lifelong friend last year after his death from alcohol induced dementia. His last decade was not the best part of his life and our attempt at a major intervention backfired very dramatically about five years ago kicking the dementia in high gear. We waited far too long. It stops being side eye funny sooner than you think. If you know a heavy drinker you know someone who is suiciding in front of your eyes. Change that if you can.

I am so blessed I got out early "high bottom" it's called in the program. Will have 18 year of continuous sobriety.  I will share my story with anyone it will help. 
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2024, 01:43:43 AM »

About 15 years ago I was working as a stagehand at our old arena.  Plain white passenger van pulls up to the dock entrance and the people go to a catering room back stage.  A little over an hour later they leave.  "12 Step Meeting Delivery Service."

Several artistic folks and crew members "needed a meeting" and a local group came to them.

Crew meetings are awesome. Most big tours have them.  Even if I am not working an even if I know how to get in or am badged I will go and hang out when I large show comes to town and see if the crew if having a meeting and hang out.  Usually it's great AA and fun comradery.   I tried to get it to that lady named Taylor's show but for some reason security was a bit tight that day.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2024, 01:06:27 PM »

The only time I would be drinking that early in the morning is after drinking all night.

I don't (can't) do that any more.

JR

If you don't stop drinking, you'll never have a hangover (but your liver will pay)

(Probably wrong, but that's a mentality I've run across. I don't drink, never started, don't plan to.)
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2024, 02:59:41 PM »

If you don't stop drinking, you'll never have a hangover (but your liver will pay)

(Probably wrong, but that's a mentality I've run across. I don't drink, never started, don't plan to.)
I don't plan to stop drinking, ;) but I do try to live sensibly. 8)

Every year I get a full blood panel and study the results for markers of liver damage or whatever. I credit my drinking and annual blood testing procedure with discovering low thyroid output that was symptomless. I now take regular medication to supplant my low thyroid output.

JR 
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2024, 03:14:08 PM »

The only time I would be drinking that early in the morning is after drinking all night.

I don't (can't) do that any more.

JR

There was one time that I was in California, The Packers were in the playoffs and it was a noon game in Wisconsin. That meant 10 AM in California. Which meant we found a brewery that was open at 9AM for the game. They thought it very strange that we ordered a beer that early in the morning, but it was a Packer playoff game. Duh.  Anyway, long story short, there ended up being a reporter there and the next day there was an article in the paper titled "Two Cheeseheads were sitting in a bar..."  Apparently we were a novelty in the area and by halftime were kind of entertaining.
Brian Jojade

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2024, 01:20:39 PM »

There was one time that I was in California, The Packers were in the playoffs and it was a noon game in Wisconsin. That meant 10 AM in California. Which meant we found a brewery that was open at 9AM for the game. They thought it very strange that we ordered a beer that early in the morning, but it was a Packer playoff game. Duh.  Anyway, long story short, there ended up being a reporter there and the next day there was an article in the paper titled "Two Cheeseheads were sitting in a bar..."  Apparently we were a novelty in the area and by halftime were kind of entertaining.
24/7 power drinking is the Wisconsin state sport. Obviously California's reporters need to get out more.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Daniel Levi

« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 01:05:22 AM »

There's a story from Rick Wakeman's drinking days where after he decided to change the opening song managed to tell different band members a different new opening song, you can correct yourself if one player is playing something different but not if they all are!
He stopped drinking a good while ago and as such a few years ago he got stopped by the police driving home from a gig and when asked when was the last time he had a drink something like 1986 was the reply!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 01:05:22 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.