Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

Dear "Artist"

<< < (4/4)

Brian Jojade:

--- Quote from: John Roberts {JR} on May 12, 2024, 03:32:37 PM ---The only time I would be drinking that early in the morning is after drinking all night.

I don't (can't) do that any more.

JR

--- End quote ---

There was one time that I was in California, The Packers were in the playoffs and it was a noon game in Wisconsin. That meant 10 AM in California. Which meant we found a brewery that was open at 9AM for the game. They thought it very strange that we ordered a beer that early in the morning, but it was a Packer playoff game. Duh.  Anyway, long story short, there ended up being a reporter there and the next day there was an article in the paper titled "Two Cheeseheads were sitting in a bar..."  Apparently we were a novelty in the area and by halftime were kind of entertaining.

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: Brian Jojade on May 15, 2024, 03:14:08 PM ---There was one time that I was in California, The Packers were in the playoffs and it was a noon game in Wisconsin. That meant 10 AM in California. Which meant we found a brewery that was open at 9AM for the game. They thought it very strange that we ordered a beer that early in the morning, but it was a Packer playoff game. Duh.  Anyway, long story short, there ended up being a reporter there and the next day there was an article in the paper titled "Two Cheeseheads were sitting in a bar..."  Apparently we were a novelty in the area and by halftime were kind of entertaining.

--- End quote ---
24/7 power drinking is the Wisconsin state sport. Obviously California's reporters need to get out more.

Daniel Levi:
There's a story from Rick Wakeman's drinking days where after he decided to change the opening song managed to tell different band members a different new opening song, you can correct yourself if one player is playing something different but not if they all are!
He stopped drinking a good while ago and as such a few years ago he got stopped by the police driving home from a gig and when asked when was the last time he had a drink something like 1986 was the reply!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version