Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

Locking mic stands

(1/2) > >>

Magnus Högkvist:
Does anyone have a good idea for locking the height on a mic stand and stopping it from rotating?
For an example I have drum kits with over head stands used for a 10 month season show. They need to be readjusted once in awhile.
I'm using tape to keep them from moving to much.
The drums are on moving stages so there's some vibrations in play.

Chris Hindle:

--- Quote from: Magnus Högkvist on May 10, 2024, 12:29:01 PM ---Does anyone have a good idea for locking the height on a mic stand and stopping it from rotating?
For an example I have drum kits with over head stands used for a 10 month season show. They need to be readjusted once in awhile.

--- End quote ---

I use mostly K&M booms stands. Yearly maintenance is cleaning all the clutches with rubbing alcohol.
Chris.

Tim Padrick:
Oil all threads and thrust surfaces and you can get things tighter with less effort.

Rick Earl:

--- Quote from: Magnus Högkvist on May 10, 2024, 12:29:01 PM ---Does anyone have a good idea for locking the height on a mic stand and stopping it from rotating?

--- End quote ---

Or spend a ton of money on Latch Lake Stands and Booms

Jonathan Johnson:
A hose clamp on the shaft above the clutch will lock the height, but not keep it from turning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version