ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need to repair PM58 PGX2  (Read 386 times)

Vadim Naroditsky

Need to repair PM58 PGX2
« on: May 03, 2024, 04:48:19 PM »

I am in New Jersey, cannot find a place that would take the microphone for repairs. Can someone point me, perhaps?
It doesn't turn on. I changed to button, didn't help.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 05:53:04 PM »

I am in New Jersey, cannot find a place that would take the microphone for repairs.

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
Re: Need to repair PM58 PGX2
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2024, 08:20:41 AM »

Take a look at the manufacture's website for a "support" link.  They should have a list of authorized repair centers; if not, you may need to contact them to see if there's a repair center near you.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2024, 10:20:43 AM »

Shure offers fixed price repair/replacement service for products out of warranty.  They formerly had that price list on their web site, but it's no longer a direct link.  Go to Shure's support page and register as a Shure user, then contact the service dept for info about the repair/replace policy for your product.

If you are outside the USA, service and support is provided by your regional importer/distributor.  Shure will advise.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Lev Raber

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2024, 10:50:12 AM »

I am in New Jersey, cannot find a place that would take the microphone for repairs. Can someone point me, perhaps?
It doesn't turn on. I changed to button, didn't help.
I'm pretty sure it won't be fixed by Shure, because this model is long time discontinued, better luck finding it used on the web

John Schalk

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2024, 09:33:38 AM »

I'm pretty sure it won't be fixed by Shure, because this model is long time discontinued, better luck finding it used on the web
I did some digging into this exact issue last year for my cousin.  He had several PGX series sticks that were not working.  There are some good YouTube videos out there on how to fix a stuck / broken power button on these mics.

I had the same idea as Lev, so I went searching and what I found is that you can have plenty of old wireless receivers, but the sticks are really hard to come by.  This makes sense when you think about it as the receivers don't get handled nearly as much as the transmitters.

My advice to the OP is to search YouTube for videos on repairing Shure PGX mics.  Barring that, I would start staving for a replacement because I'm not sure that the cost of paying to get it repaired, if you can find a good electronics repair shop, is worth it. 

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2024, 10:26:27 AM »

I think there was some cross compatibility between some of PGX wireless and Shure's other budget wireless mics. That may posted somewhere on the Shure site.

That said if a budget wireless fits your need the BLX with the R series receiver would be a decent choice.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2024, 10:26:27 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.