ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a good podium mount shock-mount for wireless mics?  (Read 651 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography

I am often putting a wireless HH on a podium for different reasons and everytime I get pops and thumps through the mount. Anybody found a decent shock mount that is small-ish, and heavy enough to hold a wireless?
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Lev Raber

Re: Is there a good podium mount shock-mount for wireless mics?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2024, 10:55:13 AM »

I am often putting a wireless HH on a podium for different reasons and everytime I get pops and thumps through the mount. Anybody found a decent shock mount that is small-ish, and heavy enough to hold a wireless?
I use soft rubber mic clip for WR on goose neck stand for podium, relatively quiet
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 10:58:21 AM by Lev Raber »

John Schalk

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2024, 09:18:09 AM »

What are you using for the mic stand/holder on the lectern?  This is going to sound pretty jintzy, but we put a folded up towel under the base of a table-top mic stand, and then tape it down to the top of the lectern.  This works surprisingly well and is usually not visible to the audience.  Out standard lectern mic is an Earthworks, but I have done this with a QLXD stick a few times when there wasn't a good cable path to the lectern.  Note that we are always using the event space's lecterns, so we have to be adaptable.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2024, 10:25:59 AM »

What are you using for the mic stand/holder on the lectern?  This is going to sound pretty jintzy, but we put a folded up towel under the base of a table-top mic stand, and then tape it down to the top of the lectern.  This works surprisingly well and is usually not visible to the audience.  Out standard lectern mic is an Earthworks, but I have done this with a QLXD stick a few times when there wasn't a good cable path to the lectern.  Note that we are always using the event space's lecterns, so we have to be adaptable.

Basic mic flange screwed to the podium. Then a clip straight on to that. No gooseneck. Pretty much worst case scenario, but with a wireless HH and short people at the podium, it would be silly to make the package any longer.

What I was hoping to find is something like the Shure AW55HM but in a Wireless body size.

https://www.shure.com/en-US/products/accessories/a55hm?variant=A55HM
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Rob Timmerman

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2024, 10:38:02 AM »

I'd be tempted to try an A53M with a short piece of 5/8" tubing stuck into it (perhaps a mated pair of 5/8" couplers to get the outer diameter correct?) and the standard wireless clip on top of that.  It gives you a bit of a horizontal offset, but shouldn't add too much height

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2024, 11:42:56 AM »

https://www.neumann.com/en-us/products/microphone-accessories/z-26-mt/

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2024, 09:13:19 PM »

The one at the bottom of the list looks large enough for a wireless mic.

https://www.windtech.tv/product-category/shock-mounts/

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2024, 09:13:19 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 24 queries.