ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer XR18 Effect Parameter Descriptions  (Read 300 times)

Dan Whitney

Behringer XR18 Effect Parameter Descriptions
« on: May 11, 2024, 10:44:49 AM »

Probably a long shot but is there a resource that explains all the parameters of the effects in the XR18?  Some are self-explanatory but others are not to me.  For example, there are 2 settings titled Factor L and Factor R in the Stereo Delay effect.  I haven't a clue of what that means or what they do.  I can play around with it but that will take a lot of time going through each effect.  I was hoping to find a webpage or other resource where I could look up a specific effect and descriptions of said effect parameters.   
I coalesce the vapors of human experience into a viable and meaningful comprehension.

Jeff M Hague

Re: Behringer XR18 Effect Parameter Descriptions
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2024, 11:05:00 AM »

Probably a long shot but is there a resource that explains all the parameters of the effects in the XR18?  Some are self-explanatory but others are not to me.  For example, there are 2 settings titled Factor L and Factor R in the Stereo Delay effect.  I haven't a clue of what that means or what they do.  I can play around with it but that will take a lot of time going through each effect.  I was hoping to find a webpage or other resource where I could look up a specific effect and descriptions of said effect parameters.   

Get the manual for the X32. It has the same effects and ok explanations of the parameters. Or peruse manuals of actual effects units as the X/M stuff doesn't have anything "new" in the way of effects.
The stereo delay factors adjust the actual time by a different amount left to right. For instance, if you set the delay time to 100ms, factor left to .5 and factor right to 2 the delay time on the left will be 50ms and the delay time on the right will be 200ms. With the factor set to 1, the delay time will be the actual entered or tapped delay time.
Jeff

Dan Whitney

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2024, 12:04:19 PM »

Looking through the XR18 manual, it appears there is more descriptions than I remember.  Thank you, I'll check your suggestions out too. 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 12:26:48 PM by Dan Whitney »
I coalesce the vapors of human experience into a viable and meaningful comprehension.

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2024, 06:45:45 PM »

Drew Brashler has some good FX info on his website https://drewbrashler.com/

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2024, 06:45:45 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.