ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Liquids in sound booth?  (Read 8305 times)

Justin Bartlett

Re: Liquids in sound booth?
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 02:12:51 AM »

We allow liquids in our production booths.  We run multiple services in each location, so our sound people aren't just there for an hour - they're in place for 4-6 hours on Sunday mornings once you include sound checks and rehearsals.  Our physical layout includes low-risk places to put drinks; we haven't had any major problems.

Brian Gowing

• Gowing Associates
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 08:58:04 PM »

I've threatened to install cupholders in the soundbooth at a couple of the churches I've been at. That was usually enough to keep the folks from drinking in the booth.
Brian Gowing
Technical Consultant
Christian & Missionary Alliance
Gowing Associates

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 11:02:46 AM »

Simple way of looking at it, liquid in equates to liquid out.  If operators can't go elsewhere even momentarily to get a drink then how do they handle when the results of those drinks weigh in?  :o

Of course this all depends on your people and your physical space but my experience is that once you let drinks in tech areas then it can be much more difficult to control where they end up within that area.  If there have been repeated problems with spilled liquids in the past then that seems to suggest that the operators are not going to be as careful as you might hope and that their keeping any drinks only in specific areas may be a bit wishful thinking.

Joseph White, CTS

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 12:07:49 PM »

Nothing but bottled water is a perfectly acceptable rule. In fact, that is the rule for our whole sanctuary and that is pretty common. If people are responsible you can let other bottled beverages with a cap slide, but it all depends their level of responsibility (I generally have some caffeine handy myself). I have always had a bottled water only rule in place and simply threw away any open drinks that were in or on the sound booth (one that turned out to belong to a Pastor's wife, but the Pastor defended my actions). Most volunteers couldn't pay for a console if they broke it anyway, so simply saying that they would have to doesn't usually do much good in my experience.

If you approach the rule as a way to be a good steward of God's property than anyone who has an issue with the rule or with you may not be the best servant for the job anyway imho.
Joseph White, CTS
Design Engineer

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 12:07:49 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.