ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Checkin.  (Read 865 times)

Al Rettich

Checkin.
« on: April 28, 2024, 10:18:27 PM »

Building a 4 mic system.  Got the cutouts for the sticks and packs.  Large area for the lav’s to sit in.  Do you guys use something to put them in, or just let them ride loose? I use the Shure WL185’s so they’re a bit bigger.  Just wondering. 

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Checkin.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2024, 10:32:03 PM »

Building a 4 mic system.  Got the cutouts for the sticks and packs.  Large area for the lav’s to sit in.  Do you guys use something to put them in, or just let them ride loose? I use the Shure WL185’s so they’re a bit bigger.  Just wondering.

Use that space for the bags the mics came in. Keep them packed individually so they don't get tangled and damaged. If you don't have the original bags use zip lock freezer bags.

Mac

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2024, 10:58:47 PM »

Large area for the lav’s to sit in.  Do you guys use something to put them in, or just let them ride loose? I use the Shure WL185’s

I typically put 4 lavs in one factory bag (that shipped with the bodypack). Repeat as necessary.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Scott Helmke

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2024, 08:57:19 AM »

Little plastic boxes from LA Container Store:
https://www.lacontainerstore.com/Flex-A-Top%C2%AE-FT38-Horizontal-Hinged-Lid-Plastic-Box-Autoclavable-250Box_p_191.html

It's a big minimum order, but we use them for all kinds of things - all lavs, IEM earbuds, small adapters, etc. 

EDIT:  Oops, linked wrong box. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 01:29:52 PM by Scott Helmke »

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2024, 11:15:19 AM »

Low end solution - pill bottles from the pharmacy, not the narrow neck kind but the larger orange pill bottles that prescription capsules usually come in.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2024, 11:53:44 AM »

Just leave the lavs and cable wrapped around the bodypac and stretched as tight as they can be like many people seem to do before they hand them back to you before you get the chance to remove them!

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2024, 01:16:55 PM »

I'm a big fan of clear bank bags for this. Makes inventory checks just a quick visual check.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

Woody Nuss

• Santa Monica, CA
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2024, 01:45:49 PM »

I use the round plastic cases that the electrical tape comes in for the lavs and generic earbuds. Always have spares on hand and they click shut nicely

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2024, 02:01:59 PM »

Just leave the lavs and cable wrapped around the bodypac and stretched as tight as they can be like many people seem to do before they hand them back to you before you get the chance to remove them!

Paying extra attention to keeping a nice tight bend at the connector, disregard any kinks in the cable just pull extra tight knotting up the last wrap or two, keeping things nice and snug.  If the little foam wind screens are lost, not a problem - they have plenty of money owning gear like this anyway.  :)

I found these little DeWalt containers work rather well.  Store all the lavalier stuff for wedding ceremonies in them.

I keep the packs in zipper pouches, along with hand-helds in pouches and everything in a tool bag ready to go.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 02:07:22 PM by Steve-White »

Al Rettich

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2024, 09:12:44 PM »

This is what I’ve done in the past. Can’t tell you how many times the labs come back, but the bag didn’t make it.
Use that space for the bags the mics came in. Keep them packed individually so they don't get tangled and damaged. If you don't have the original bags use zip lock freezer bags.

Mac

Al Rettich

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2024, 09:15:00 PM »

Sadly, my guys throw these out. This is where I was thinking though. Guess I gotta buy more tape!
I use the round plastic cases that the electrical tape comes in for the lavs and generic earbuds. Always have spares on hand and they click shut nicely

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2024, 02:31:33 PM »

I use these for rack screws in my tool bag, foam ear buds, usb drives, sd cards, etc, but have never thought about using them for Lav's. That's a great idea.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Scott Helmke

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2024, 05:57:57 PM »

Another fun option... I'm told they did this in the dark ages before I hired on.  Those plastic VHS or Beta tape boxes are a handy size for a beltpack plus a lav.

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2024, 11:23:55 PM »

Those are great for guitar picks, too.

I've got earbuds in some, but didn't consider using them for lavs. Good idea.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2024, 11:23:55 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.