Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Best dbx in your opinion? (If UX or XTA's weren't an option) for sub processing

(1/3) > >>

Sam Costa:
I'm building another sub rack, it's going to be used more for smaller events with some single EAW and/or dual 18"cabs.
I like my UX processor on my main sub rack, but it's also a lot heavier and I want to build a smaller rack for "grab and go".

If the UX and XTA processors weren't an option, which dbx driverack would you utilize for subs?
(for transparency, all my mains are active and also have QSC powerlight sub amps for those sub boxes)

Helge A Bentsen:
If it's just for subs, you can get a DSP amp.
EAW have published generic processing for their subs, but you have to set your own limiter.

Robert Lunceford:

--- Quote from: Sam Costa on April 11, 2024, 02:26:20 PM ---I'm building another sub rack, it's going to be used more for smaller events with some single EAW and/or dual 18"cabs.
I like my UX processor on my main sub rack, but it's also a lot heavier and I want to build a smaller rack for "grab and go".

If the UX and XTA processors weren't an option, which dbx driverack would you utilize for subs?
(for transparency, all my mains are active)

--- End quote ---

As was pointed out in one of your other threads, if the EAW cabinets don't have the specified factory drivers, they are not truly EAW subs.
If I took a Beyerdynamic M88 and was able to put an SM57 capsule in it, it would not be a Beyer M88.

The EAW UX3600 is single space and weighs around 10 lbs? What is your maximum weight limit for a processor?

Sam Costa:

--- Quote from: Helge A Bentsen on April 11, 2024, 04:02:53 PM ---If it's just for subs, you can get a DSP amp.
EAW have published generic processing for their subs, but you have to set your own limiter.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, but I already have the amps. I'm ok with setting up my own limiter.

Sam Costa:

--- Quote from: Robert Lunceford on April 11, 2024, 04:04:45 PM ---As was pointed out in one of your other threads, if the EAW cabinets don't have the specified factory drivers, they are not truly EAW subs.
If I took a Beyerdynamic M88 and was able to put an SM57 capsule in it, it would not be a Beyer M88.

The EAW UX3600 is single space and weighs around 10 lbs? What is your maximum weight limit for a processor?

--- End quote ---

Robert, I simply dont want to spend another $1200+ on another UX3600 just to process the subs for a smaller rig.
The drivers on this system are going to be Eminence, so I dont NEED another UX processor, but rather looking for a less expensive option.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version