ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: For AES Associate and Full Members  (Read 938 times)

Dan Mortensen

Re: For AES Associate and Full Members
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2024, 01:37:21 PM »

yo...

always good to have a Dave Stevens sighting....

JR

Yes, exactly.

Always good to hear from Dave, especially when he says nice things about you.

Thanks, Dave!

And Frank, too. Every nomination is going to count in this thing. It turns out that 100 is a very significant portion of those who vote in the actual election.

As I said in the OP, this would be a good time to upgrade memberships from Associate to Full, as they are processing them rapidly and I haven't heard of any rejections.

Thanks, again!

Dave Stevens

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2024, 01:06:11 AM »

Good to see a bunch of familiar “faces” as well.  ;D

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2024, 03:45:30 PM »

With the nomination deadline the day after tomorrow (Friday April 26 5pmEDT), this'll be the final post from me in this thread.

Thanks to those who have nominated me, and I'm happy to have had a role in causing more people to upgrade their membership to full Member.

By my inexact count, I'm about 14 nominations from reaching 100. Nobody has ever been able to achieve success, although a number have tried, and it's both encouraging and disappointing to get so close to the binary decision. And to be the first and only...

If there is still anyone who is a full Member and would be interested to cast a nomination, it's easy and I'd appreciate it:

Create an email to [email protected]

Subject line: 2024 Election Nomination-Mortensen-President

Content: I nominate Dan Mortensen for AES President in the next election.

Then add your name and membership number.

It's probably too late to complete the Associate->Member upgrade in time to nominate, but if you have been considering upgrading, go ahead since there's no deadline for that.

A clear benefit from being a full Member is that, if you've paid dues for 20+ years, and been a full Member for 5 years when you turn 65, you can apply to be a Life Member and not have to pay dues again. You get in free to Conventions but not Conferences. That's a good deal and a benefit I enjoy.

FYI, a lot of the meetings I've done for my Section have been about the subjects covered in this forum at one time or another, and I've always enjoyed and learned from being part of this group.

Here is a document that's now on my AES profile; if you scroll through it past the bio stuff there's a list of the meetings and links to the meeting summaries. A lot of them are us getting piles of gear together and messing around with it, as we like to do.

Thanks to those who have helped me get this far, and especially to Dave Stevens for creating this wonderful resource that we still enjoy every day.
Dan

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2024, 04:06:18 PM »

Wrapping this up: At the deadline, I was 93% successful at getting 100 nominations, which means that I was unsuccessful.

Thanks to all who took the time to send in a nomination. I appreciated you a lot.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2024, 04:06:18 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 23 queries.