Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Anyone using Mixing Station?

(1/6) > >>

Jeff M Hague:
As active as the Facebook page for Mixing Station is, I'm surprised I don't see any posts about it here. Is anyone using it?
I have an M32C and typically run it from a Windows PC and M32Edit but I also have several Android tablets. Since there is no M32Edit for Android, I have been running Mixing Station on those. My A2 uses 1 of them for monitor duty and I have a couple custom layouts for effects, inserts, etc.
I recently spent waaaaaaay too much time making other custom layouts for the actual mix and ran in to a ton of issues trying to keep things consistent when jumping from layout to layout. I feel like I've spent more time customizing things than I have actually mixing with it.
The documentation is kind of lacking and I think the fact that it supports so many different consoles makes it far more complicated than then I'd like.
I'm curious what your opinions are.

frank kayser:
I believe there is a very active user base of Mixing Station on this forum.  I believe a simple search would turn up many posts, and even many discussions about its use and customization.

As far as that goes, there is at least one other user: me.

Tim Weaver:
I tried to start a thread that I was hoping would be popular, but it kinda fizzled out pretty quick. This forum still seems to have a decent amount of traffic, but very little participation. I guess we're getting passed over by the tiktok generation.....

https://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,179450.msg1656780.html#msg1656780

Feel free to bump that thread and start some discussion.

Scott Bolt:
It is the most lauded app for mixing that exists as far as I know.  It has many advantages over even the OEM apps supplied, and allows you to use the same app and work flow for many different mixers.

I (and most everyone I know) use it exclusively form my mixing on glass mixing.

Jeff M Hague:

--- Quote from: frank kayser on April 09, 2024, 11:01:31 AM ---I believe there is a very active user base of Mixing Station on this forum.  I believe a simple search would turn up many posts, and even many discussions about its use and customization.

As far as that goes, there is at least one other user: me.

--- End quote ---

All that comes up when I search for Mixing Station is this thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version