Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

DNA System Engineer software problem

(1/6) > >>

Debbie Dunkley:
My new DNA20K4 arrived yesterday - whoop!
However, today when I attempted to download the System Engineer software, I got the message below.
I am unsure where to find the MSI file. Can someone help me out pretty please???

Dave Garoutte:
Call Danley.  There might be someone there.
I don't remember whether I had issues installing SE.

Debbie Dunkley:

--- Quote from: Dave Garoutte on April 06, 2024, 03:51:08 PM ---Call Danley.  There might be someone there.
I don't remember whether I had issues installing SE.

--- End quote ---
Thanks Dave.... I was finally able to download - I had to update some files on the laptop. I hardly use this laptop - I'm all Apple so I, all fingers and thumbs with Windows..... eek.
However now I'm attempting to simply load the presets ...... this is taking me some time......

Dave Garoutte:

--- Quote from: Debbie Dunkley on April 06, 2024, 04:49:33 PM ---Thanks Dave.... I was finally able to download - I had to update some files on the laptop. I hardly use this laptop - I'm all Apple so I, all fingers and thumbs with Windows..... eek.
However now I'm attempting to simply load the presets ...... this is taking me some time......

--- End quote ---

That's the most confusing thing for me; Where the presets go and how to rename the channels. It's a bit hard to tell whether it happened correctly.
Once it's done, the amp remote control is really easy; delay, EQ, routing, etc.
Fairly easy to adjust some parameters from the front panel too, like the infeed current limits.

BTW, nowhere near as weird as the Dynacord control software, which I ended up giving up on and getting another DNA.

David Sturzenbecher:

--- Quote from: Dave Garoutte on April 06, 2024, 06:08:49 PM ---
BTW, nowhere near as weird as the Dynacord control software, which I ended up giving up on and getting another DNA.

--- End quote ---

Joking right?  System Engineer is just a flat out horrible program in my opinion. The monitoring is horrible (essentially non-existent) and configuration is horrible.  Haven't they been releasing a fixed version for like 3-4 years now?   Sonicue has its quirks, but no were near as bad as System Engineer...Armonia... Lake.    I can and frequently program entire stadiums worth of amps in Sonicue in 20 minutes... As long as you have manufactures presets.   Without those...yeah, you are likely in for a bad day. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version