Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Needing new drivers for EAW SB750 boxes

(1/4) > >>

Sam Costa:
So I picked up 4 empty boxes from a production company and I'm needing to purchase and install new LF drivers. My existing 4 - SB750 boxes have DEFINIMAX4018LF drivers installed and I've wired them to be 4ohm
Is there a driver(s) out there that are comparable to the Definimax4018LF? Or should I just source out the same drivers I have? All the subs will be going through my UX processor.
I understand that going with a different brand/model may have different characteristics but not entirely sure..

Paul G. OBrien:
Ideally all boxes should be loaded with the same drivers.

Chris Hindle:

--- Quote from: Sam Costa on April 03, 2024, 11:39:54 AM ---So I picked up 4 empty boxes from a production company and I'm needing to purchase and install new LF drivers. My existing 4 - SB750 boxes have DEFINIMAX4018LF drivers installed and I've wired them to be 4ohm
Is there a driver(s) out there that are comparable to the Definimax4018LF? Or should I just source out the same drivers I have? All the subs will be going through my UX processor.
I understand that going with a different brand/model may have different characteristics but not entirely sure..

--- End quote ---

Going with the UX processor, I'd DEFINITELY want all boxes the same, preferably with the EAW spec drivers.
Were the Definimax drivers you have OEM, or recommended by EAW ?
Chris.

Helge A Bentsen:
EAW LC-1816 is the driver you want for the touring version of that sub.
It's a rebranded 18Sound 18LW1400.

The install model used another driver.

Sam Costa:

--- Quote from: Chris Hindle on April 03, 2024, 12:43:04 PM ---Going with the UX processor, I'd DEFINITELY want all boxes the same, preferably with the EAW spec drivers.
Were the Definimax drivers you have OEM, or recommended by EAW ?
Chris.

--- End quote ---

Of the 4 - sb750 cabinets I currently have working, they are all Definimax4018.
I'm thinking I would like to keep it all the same on the 4 new empty boxes coming.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version