Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

Replacing my Sony 7506 headphones ?

<< < (4/4)

Brian Adams:
I have 6-8 pairs of Sennheiser HD280, and those are what I tend to use for live shows. They isolate well enough, and they sound pretty good. I have 5-6 pairs of M50x, and while I sometimes use those on live shows, they get more use during recordings. They sound pretty good, but they don't isolate as well as the 280. I also have a couple pairs each of Sennheiser HD600 and HD650 that I use for tracking and critical listening. I think I like the 600's a tiny bit better than the 650's, but they both sound awesome and have their place.

I've never owned a single pair of 7506, and I never plan to. I have no idea why they're so popular. They don't sound great, and they're overly fragile. I've repaired a bunch of them over the years. Bad drivers are very common, as are bad cables. We started saving the broken ones for parts rather than buying new components. Two pairs with a bad driver make one good pair. Well, not good, but you know what I mean.

Scott Helmke:

--- Quote from: Brian Adams on May 12, 2024, 10:36:29 PM ---I've never owned a single pair of 7506, and I never plan to. I have no idea why they're so popular. They don't sound great, and they're overly fragile. I've repaired a bunch of them over the years. Bad drivers are very common, as are bad cables. We started saving the broken ones for parts rather than buying new components. Two pairs with a bad driver make one good pair. Well, not good, but you know what I mean.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, you can get a whole new pair for the price of two replacement drivers.  The only parts we buy new are the ear cushions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version