Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

QSC Hpr181i amp module

(1/2) > >>

John M. Roll:
I had an amp module go down this weekend. QSC says it's obsolete and no parts are available. Am I dead in the water with this? These things have been workhorses for me and I hate to think the cab is scrap. Suggestions?
Thanks
John

Art Welter:

--- Quote from: John M. Roll on March 28, 2024, 02:05:55 PM ---I had an amp module go down this weekend. QSC says it's obsolete and no parts are available. Am I dead in the water with this? These things have been workhorses for me and I hate to think the cab is scrap. Suggestions?
Thanks
John

--- End quote ---
The cab is not scrap, even if the amp may be.
You could either replace the amp with a current QSC module, an outboard amp, or another brand of plate amp:
https://www.amazon.com/LASE-Compatible-Aftermarket-Replacement-Amplifier/dp/B0921CFS62

Won't be exactly the same, but it will work, until it doesn't..

Jeff Lelko:
Hi John, I agree with Art - definitely don't scrap the whole cabinet.  The QSC HPR Series uses analog amps which to my understanding are essentially plate versions of the QSC RMX Series.  My guess is that given the simplicity of analog amps combined with the prevalence QSC RMX amps, any competent repair shop should be able to diagnose and repair the unit without much struggle.  Alternatively, you can always pull the amp off and try to do this yourself.  Hope this helps!

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Jeff Lelko on March 28, 2024, 03:08:28 PM ---Hi John, I agree with Art - definitely don't scrap the whole cabinet.  The QSC HPR Series uses analog amps which to my understanding are essentially plate versions of the QSC RMX Series.  My guess is that given the simplicity of analog amps combined with the prevalence QSC RMX amps, any competent repair shop should be able to diagnose and repair the unit without much struggle.  Alternatively, you can always pull the amp off and try to do this yourself.  Hope this helps!

--- End quote ---
I am almost sure that the HPR and KW Amos are dimensionally the same.

Look on eBay and find the KW replacement amp with the powercons.  They work great we have been super happy. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John M. Roll:

--- Quote from: John M. Roll on March 28, 2024, 02:05:55 PM ---I had an amp module go down this weekend. QSC says it's obsolete and no parts are available. Am I dead in the water with this? These things have been workhorses for me and I hate to think the cab is scrap. Suggestions?
Thanks
John

--- End quote ---
Anybody have any experience with Lase amps?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version