ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody have a Flow 8  (Read 769 times)

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
Re: Anybody have a Flow 8
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2024, 03:46:53 PM »

I bought one from Sweetwater, used it for one talking head gig, and returned it.  The main reason for returning is that I learned that Bluetooth connectivity is not as immediate nor as stable as the WiFi control that we have all become used to for our digital mixers.  I was in a 100' x 100' convention space and, when I walked to the edge of the audience area to check on how the volume was at that location, I walked out of the range of the mixer.  This isn't really a flaw in the mixer, rather it was more like me learning that my requirements were beyond the capabilities of Bluetooth remote control.  There was also a lag in the response when making a change via Bluetooth.

Regarding the faders, the mixer has 60mm faders and I had some trouble making fine adjustments with them.  A little fader movement got me more change than I wanted.   The mixer is compact and does have good Eq and Compression via the app, which is what attracted me to it in the first place.  But ultimately, for my use cases, I think I'd be better served with something like an MR18 and a WiFi rig.

I really wanted to love the mixer, but for the reasons you described, I haven't been able to get on board.

I do like the fact that you can put it in place and pretty much just give level control to users, hiding the rest behind app control.  Unfortunately, that being only bluetooth is the fail for me.

I really wish they would release an X32 micro.  Something briefcase sized with 8 mic and 6 aux inputs and a control surface, but all of the power of the X32 line.
Brian Jojade

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2024, 11:48:55 AM »

I have one. Does what you'd expect. Motorised faders would have been nice, but the little display clearly shows what's going on when you make adjustments via iPad and then come back to the desk itself.
2x FX + 2x Aux outputs is better than you'll get on any analogue desk of comparable size/price.

If they did a Flow12 with motorised faders, a couple of extra XLR inputs, and WiFi, I'd buy one immediately.

Finally, the USB powering scheme has been rather useful for me: I've powered mine from a USB battery pack, when mains power was unavailable. No issues.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2024, 11:48:55 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 21 queries.