Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > AC Power and Grounding

amp patch panel and power options

<< < (2/6) > >>

Russell Ault:

--- Quote from: doug johnson2 on March 26, 2024, 01:32:53 PM ---For input and output patch panels, I usually just make them myself from off the shelf pre-punched rack panels.  {...}

--- End quote ---

This is what I do to; for power inlets/outlets I mount PowerCON turn-arounds (NAC3MM-1) to the panel by replacing the factory self-tapping screws with longer ones (and then using some kind of PowerCON breakout inside the rack).

-Russ

Rolando Saenz:

--- Quote from: Russell Ault on March 27, 2024, 02:55:00 PM ---This is what I do to; for power inlets/outlets I mount PowerCON turn-arounds (NAC3MM-1) to the panel by replacing the factory self-tapping screws with longer ones (and then using some kind of PowerCON breakout inside the rack).

-Russ

--- End quote ---
can you share a pic or 2

Chris Hindle:

--- Quote from: Chris Hindle on March 26, 2024, 03:40:27 PM ---I custom make mine,  Power goes in the back, on a 20A twistlock. XLR and Speakons on the front. I just use an off the shelf 1U 12 hole panel.
I'll see if I can upload a photo later.
Guaranteed not as pretty as your whirlwind sample....,  8)
Chris.

--- End quote ---
2 mix monitor rack. I had 4 of these. 2 would clip together for on-wheel use, but were splittable for a one man lift up stairs.

Rolando Saenz:

--- Quote from: Chris Hindle on March 28, 2024, 12:30:51 AM ---2 mix monitor rack. I had 4 of these. 2 would clip together for on-wheel use, but were splittable for a one man lift up stairs.

--- End quote ---
nice! Do you use solder connectors or passthrough

Russell Ault:

--- Quote from: Rolando Saenz on March 27, 2024, 11:43:22 PM ---can you share a pic or 2

--- End quote ---

I'll have to remember to take one the next time I have a chance, but conceptually I'm just using PowerCON turnarounds as rear-mounted passthrough connectors (all blue-and-grey PowerCON panel-mount connectors are D-sized, and the ones in the turnarounds are no different).

--- Quote from: Rolando Saenz on March 28, 2024, 12:51:51 AM ---nice! Do you use solder connectors or passthrough

--- End quote ---

I can't speak for Chris, but after some experimentation I personally now use only passthrough connectors because they make basically everything easier.

-Russ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version