ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: ID this connector?  (Read 1901 times)

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
Re: ID this connector?
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2024, 09:13:45 AM »

ALWAYS meter new plugs, especially non standard ones.  You would be surprised how often even regularly used plugs are miswired.  It isn't often an issue when using just one, but when you use multiples in different areas things can go poof quickly.

I know a place and I'm certain it was never changed but they had/have two standard 50 amp range outlets 14-50R wired with three phase!

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2024, 11:52:23 AM »

Just did a site visit at a new-to-me events center, and they have a pair of these receptacles outside.  I've never seen them before; they don't appear to have a NEMA marking.  Has anyone used them?

Peter, I may have a used plug if you need it. It looks similar to some floor outlets that I used to run into at a hotel ballroom.

Also, in the past I worked in heavy equipment shops that used that type connector on all the big welders.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2024, 12:26:26 PM »

One of my local hotels used to use connectors for electrical service that was not actually used, think of a 480V 3 phase twist lock, on all their internal distribution systems in the ballrooms.  The did this so any power connections would have to be provided by the hotel and billed to the client.  The breakout panels were equally janky (Code? What's a Code?).  The building was owned by a division of a local government agency but managed by a "brand you've heard of", and when *someone* called the County's building inspection (and city fire department), shit got fixed and a whole bunch of other electrical problems were addressed.  I heard from building engineering that it cost the managing company around $100k to fix all the problems they'd created.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2024, 08:42:20 PM »

I heard from building engineering that it cost the managing company around $100k to fix all the problems they'd created.

Doesn't surprise me a bit from my experience with a large managing company; not sad they got their hand slapped.
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2024, 08:42:20 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.