ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: M 32c question  (Read 3228 times)

Rolando Saenz

Re: M 32c question
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2024, 08:36:40 AM »

I suspect that part of the "fun" here is that there are three separate standards for Category cable (ANSI/TIA-568, ISO 11801, and EN 50173) and they're all slightly different (even though all three reference IEC 61156-1 to some extent or other). My impression is that ANSI/TIA-568 (at least) doesn't specify a minimum length per se, but that shorter cables might have trouble meeting all of the certification requirements (particularly for the higher-speed standards).

-Russ

Just wrap some foil paper on your cable, solder a wire to ground and VOILA, perfect digital audio cable 😆

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2024, 04:13:22 PM »

Here is an excerpt from the IEEE specs.  It says 2.5m so now scratching my head.

https://www.firewall.cx/networking/network-cabling/network-cabling-100basetx.html#:~:text=use%20CAT5%20cable.-,100Base%2DTX,between%20nodes%20is%202.5%20meters.

So should I be concerned that I'm using only 24" TMB ProPlex Cat5e cables in the rack between the M32c and the DL16's?

I really hate how indefinite this all is. 

Too bad the fiber kit costs more than the consoles!

Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2024, 08:00:48 PM »

So should I be concerned that I'm using only 24" TMB ProPlex Cat5e cables in the rack between the M32c and the DL16's?

I really hate how indefinite this all is. 

Too bad the fiber kit costs more than the consoles!

Is it working?  Have you had any issues?  Honestly, I wouldn't be too worried about the cables INSIDE the rack.  I've personally used short unshielded ethernet patch cables for AES 50 and never ran into an issue.

It's kind of like working with analog audio cable. With short runs inside the rack there's less potential for interference. You can run simple unbalanced audio lines without issue. It's the runs outside of the rack that will have potential variables that typically cause more problems.
Brian Jojade

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2024, 08:00:48 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.